News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Interstate 70 Maryland

Started by Alex, August 29, 2009, 01:00:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex

Who knocked down the sign over I-70?

The sign, 75 feet long, spanned three lanes and two shoulders of the eastbound portion of the highway and hung from steel posts and beams about a mile west of the Baltimore Beltway interchange. After it was hit on the morning of Aug. 15, the sign dangled precariously over the highway.

The sign bridge one mile west of the Interstate 70 junction with Interstate 695 is this one, though no photo was posted in the article.

treichard

The temporary fix isn't too bad. 

Map your cumulative highway travel
Clinched Highway Mapping
http://cmap.m-plex.com/

leifvanderwall

This is why overheaded signing is being reduced. Michigan started reducing the overheads because about 10 years ago an overhead sign at the I-75 and I-275 jct. in Monroe County fell onto top of a vehicle, killing the driver. The wind blew that one down and an inspection was launched and it found more overhead signs unsafe in Michigan.

hbelkins

Quote from: leifvanderwall on October 13, 2009, 04:23:26 PM
This is why overheaded signing is being reduced. Michigan started reducing the overheads because about 10 years ago an overhead sign at the I-75 and I-275 jct. in Monroe County fell onto top of a vehicle, killing the driver. The wind blew that one down and an inspection was launched and it found more overhead signs unsafe in Michigan.

Actually, isn't Ohio going to more overhead signage, even on rural interstates?

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.