News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

Total time logged in:

Started by thenetwork, January 25, 2018, 11:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thenetwork

Simple Question:

Looking above at the top of the page, Total time have you been logged into the AARoads Forum thus far???

Me:  32 days, 31 minutes.

Hurricane Rex

4 days 9 hours and 32 minutes. Have been here a month and a half.
ODOT, raise the speed limit and fix our traffic problems.

Road and weather geek for life.

Running till I die.

jp the roadgeek

25 days, 9 hours, and 5 minutes.
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

Scott5114

96 days, 19 hours and 16 minutes.

This isn't a particularly accurate measurement, by my own estimations.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

slorydn1

42 Days, 8 hrs and 57 minutes.

Scott, I thought there was some kind of algorythm built in that cancels the time out if one remains on a page too long with no activity?

I know that if the system counted the entire time I was logged in I'd be well over 1000 days. I almost always have the forum open while at work, but quite often get interrupted by, well, work (911 doesn't answer itself, lol).
Please Note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of any governmental agency, non-governmental agency, quasi-governmental agency or wanna be governmental agency

Counties: Counties Visited

rickmastfan67

Quote from: slorydn1 on January 26, 2018, 04:33:49 AM
Scott, I thought there was some kind of algorythm built in that cancels the time out if one remains on a page too long with no activity?

Nope.  You need to load a new page on the forum every 15m, otherwise, time doesn't count (oh, and don't close the browser, as that does reset it for sure, as it counts it as a new session).

hotdogPi

259 days, 11 hours, and 1 minutes.

The counter doesn't know when to use the singular form.

I stay on "Recent Unread Topics" and reload the page quite often, which is why it's so high.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

slorydn1

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on January 26, 2018, 04:53:04 AM

Nope.  You need to load a new page on the forum every 15m, otherwise, time doesn't count (oh, and don't close the browser, as that does reset it for sure, as it counts it as a new session).

Ahh ok that makes more sense-not that I'm here for statistical purposes anyway. 20 years ago that may have been a thing but I'm to old to be worrying about my post count and time on the forum now anyway.
Please Note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of any governmental agency, non-governmental agency, quasi-governmental agency or wanna be governmental agency

1995hoo

97 days, 5 hours, 24 minutes. That seems high to me. I do leave the forum open in the browsers on both my iPhone and iPad when I'm not using them, but based on the comment above, in theory that shouldn't affect the stats.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Max Rockatansky

108 Days, 12 Hours, 7 Minutes.  Usually I have the forum up when I'm at home with the computer and I reload pretty frequently to see topic updates.

webny99

I find it mildly interesting that none of the top 10 posters are in the top 10 for time spent online.

For me personally, 6 days, 19 hours, 55 minutes at the time of this post.

Quote from: 1995hoo on January 26, 2018, 07:30:00 AM
97 days, 5 hours, 24 minutes. That seems high to me...

See, I look at your post count and think that seems low  :-D

Henry

18 days, 12 hours and 8 minutes.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

roadman

36 days, 17 hours, and 46 minutes
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

Brandon

Thus far, I've managed to waste here 77 days, 18 hours and 22 minutes.  It'll grow with time.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

jeffandnicole

Total time logged in: 73 days, 10 hours and 58 minutes.

I'm surprised.  Maybe they left off the years and months.   :)

webny99

Interesting. I just logged out (by hitting the "Logout" button at the top of the page). I then scrolled down and noticed I had completely disappeared from the "users active in the last 15 minutes" list. I would have thought I should still be on that list for 15 minutes, even if I'm technically offline.  :confused:

bm7

12 hours 36 minutes. I don't visit (or post) very often...

busman_49

CNGL-Leudimin

73 days, 20 hours and 9 minutes for me. I thought it would be more, given the amount of time I spend here...
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

adventurernumber1

At the very moment that I type this post, my total time logged in is 39 days, 22 hours and 6 minutes.

Back in early 2017, when my OCD was much worse, it would force me to take screenshots of my total time logged in in each and every hour that it progressed (23d 1h, 23d 2h, 23d 3h, etc.). Not only did this waste storage on my phone, but it was incredibly nerve-wracking and boring, and it would force me to read and browse the forum logged out most of the time during that period of time (except when I was actually posting, of course) - this was especially annoying when I wanted to read things in boards that are only visible to actual users who are actually logged in. Finally, I stuck the bird to my mind, and that was all over with. I feel a lot more free now, I don't have to intermittently log out and stay out, then log back in just to post, all for that stupid compulsive reason. But the point is that during that period of time, my total time logged in was not very accurate, over those several most severely mentally ill months (probably February to July 2017, practically half a year), I stayed in the range of 22 to 24 days logged in - now, since then, I have gone from 24 to nearly 40 days logged in, which is probably a rapid rate. With all of that said, my "total time logged in" seems to be most likely a few days short of actually being accurate, due to that obsessive period of time where I had to spend most of my time on the forum reading stuff logged out. I'd say I probably spend a good bit of time on this forum, and I do refresh things quite often to see new posts. I feel a lot more free now, so that's very good, and my mind can no longer restrict me from being logged in whenever I am actually browsing the forum.
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Well, that's just like your opinion man...

TheArkansasRoadgeek

I know that if the system counted the entire time I was logged in I'd be well over 1000 days. I almost always have the forum open while at work, but quite often get interrupted by, well, work (911 doesn't answer itself, lol).
Wait a minute! You're logged-in to the forum while you're dispatching? That's a risk in itself.

slorydn1

Quote from: TheArkansasRoadgeek on January 26, 2018, 11:01:50 AM

Wait a minute! You're logged-in to the forum while you're dispatching? That's a risk in itself.

How so? My computer has 4 screens, and it takes me a half-second to point my mouse at the cad portion of the screen. Or would you just have me staring at the TV watching the weather channel with the sound off for hours on end?

oscar

My total is embarrassingly high, as if to guilt-trip me into spending less time here.

Why is the total even displayed when we're logged in? I can see administrators making some technical use of that statistic, but how it helps users is to me unclear at best.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Quote from: slorydn1 on January 26, 2018, 11:23:37 AM
Quote from: TheArkansasRoadgeek on January 26, 2018, 11:01:50 AM

How so? My computer has 4 screens, and it takes me a half-second to point my mouse at the cad portion of the screen. Or would you just have me staring at the TV watching the weather channel with the sound off for hours on end?
Ok, maybe on a "slow day".

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.