News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Blu-ray disc player recommendations?

Started by LM117, July 11, 2019, 08:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LM117

My 4th BD player is crapping out on me and I've only had it since last December. It's got the same problem it's last three predecessors had: It suddenly won't read BD's anymore! :banghead: It will play DVD's and CD's without a problem, but no BD's. I'm always very careful with my discs and try to keep them as spotless as possible, so they aren't the problem.

My first BD player was an LG that I bought in 2010, which lasted about 3 years before it stopped reading discs. The second was a Sony that lasted a year before it also started having trouble reading discs and proceeded to fall apart (literally). The third was a Samsung that lasted a little over a year before it stopped reading BD's. My current one is an LG.

Does anybody know of a reliable brand/model that will actually play what it was built for? I don't have a 4K TV, so 4K isn't necessary. Neither is Wi-Fi and all the other internet crap. As long as it'll play BD's, I'm a happy camper.
“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

ilpt4u

LM117

Quote from: ilpt4u on July 11, 2019, 08:28:27 PM
Can new PS3s still be purchased?

I have a PS3 Slim that I bought in 2011 and it worked for a while, but then it also suddenly stopped reading BD's. It shows a message about an encryption code. I forget the exact wording. It worked fine for years until 2015. Still plays games and DVD's.
“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.