News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Overeating

Started by tolbs17, August 03, 2019, 05:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many meals do you eat a day?

1 (4.5%)
5 (22.7%)
9 (40.9%)
5-6 small ones
2 (9.1%)
0 (0%)
1 (4.5%)
46 million
4 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 22

tolbs17

If you overeat like before, I had about 6 chicken legs in one day, I collapsed into bed and I got a stomachache. I couldn't get up for about 5 hours and I got sick. Don't overeat!!

Brian556

Panda Express gives you a lot of food for your money. Maybe too much. I always fall asleep on the couch if I get it after work

Max Rockatansky

One of my employees came into work one morning after eating three Double Doubles and drinking four Dog Fish Head IPAs.  He was kind of a workout buff so I looked up how many calories it was which I believe was in the neighborhood of 3,000.  Suffice to say those little burgers and alcohol laden IPAs aren't skimping into diet food territory. 

NE2

Overpooing is overcool.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Beltway

Quote from: NE2 on August 03, 2019, 06:02:31 PM
Overpooing is overcool.

It's not cool or fun if you overeat to the point where you have to blow groceries.
http://www.roadstothefuture.com
http://www.capital-beltway.com

Baloney is a reserved word on the Internet
    (Robert Coté, 2002)

webny99

Laying down after overeating is a bad idea, as I know from past experiences..

Roadgeekteen

I eat a ton of food, but I never feel like I overeat.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

tolbs17

Who eats 6 meals a day? You are supposed to eat 3 meals or 5-6 small ones.

adventurernumber1

I typically eat two very large meals each day, and sometimes just one if my acid reflux is acting up particularly bad that day and I am just not hungry enough. I know eating large meals doesn't help heartburn, but it's just the way I am. I eat a lot when I eat, but my meals are far apart. I overate from time to time like any normal kid would and reaped the negative effects of getting sick. In more recent years most of my ills from eating are related to the effects of acid reflux, which may worsen when eating a lot of food or certain foods (such as greasy, fatty, etc.). I've tried to drastically improve my diet and include more healthy foods and ones easy on the digestive system, but I can never completely give up those delicious greasy, fattening, sugary foods I love so much. But I must be wary and prepared. When I go through a day having a heavy meal that's rough on the digestive system and makes heartburn symptoms worse, I know what to expect. Speaking of double-doubles, I had two of those in one sitting (as well as fries) the one time I've been to In-N-Out (near Dallas, Texas in July 2015). This was normal for me as I typically have two entrees in my meals, which as said, are extremely large, albeit far apart from one another. But I will say that exacerbated the heartburn really bad for a good week. The food was worth it to me, as those double-doubles really are good, but you've got to know what to expect with what you're eating.

Don't overeat, because when you get sick, it's never worth it. You've got to be especially careful regarding this with sugar. I've started keeping track of my daily sugar intake for about two years now. One of my psychiatric medications, as well as my genetics and eating habits, puts me at high risk for developing diabetes, so I said I've got to be careful now before it's too late. Keeping track of and moderating sugar intake can also, of course, help prevent overeating, of at least with that of sugar. I also read that too much constant sugar intake in the long-term can damage the liver just like alcohol. So with all those reasons, I highly recommend keeping track of sugar intake each day and not passing your limit you set for what you determine your body can handle and for your long-term health. I've taken some steps on my sugar, but as noted, I am still very laid-back about the fatty and greasy foods I eat, and my sodium intake. IIRC, those things can also put you at risk for diabetes so I've still got some work to do and habits to modify to more solidify my prevention efforts.

Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: mrhappy1261 on August 03, 2019, 08:02:33 PM
I eat two larger meals, and little to nothing for breakfast.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

tolbs17

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on August 03, 2019, 10:04:21 PM
I eat two larger meals, and little to nothing for breakfast.

When I was in New Jersey with my dad, I didn't have breakfast either. It was very small. But I'm back home now. I eat breakfast lunch and dinner. I eat about 3 meals a day. Sometimes I eat 6 if i'm greedy.

index

Clinically obese me rolls in...

I overeat a lot out of stress. It's probably killing me. The fact I always have back pain and I sometimes have trouble carrying stuff, and can't stand for longer than two to three minutes without being in pain can probably be attributed to my weight. I also have a pretty high chance of having prediabetes. Either way, it's not good. I usually feel immensely guilty about it but I can't stop, not too far from drugs I'd imagine.

I won't get into my extensive issues with my digestive system/gastroenterological issues which can probably be partially attributed to my weight either, because I would take until the end of the world explaining it all and it's also TMI.
I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

kevinb1994

Type-2 diabetes is what killed my paternal grandfather, and it's eating away at my own father (though he's not really suffering from it yet, given that he hasn't hit that retirement period yet). Please learn from your ancestors' mistakes...

Max Rockatansky

I usually eat 7 or 8 times a day but in small portions...plus I distance run.  Eating small amounts in 2-3 hour intervals keeps your blood sugar up, works wonders for not crashing mid-day at work. 

SectorZ

Quote from: index on August 03, 2019, 10:49:01 PM
Clinically obese me rolls in...

I overeat a lot out of stress. It's probably killing me. The fact I always have back pain and I sometimes have trouble carrying stuff, and can't stand for longer than two to three minutes without being in pain can probably be attributed to my weight. I also have a pretty high chance of having prediabetes. Either way, it's not good. I usually feel immensely guilty about it but I can't stop, not too far from drugs I'd imagine.

I won't get into my extensive issues with my digestive system/gastroenterological issues which can probably be partially attributed to my weight either, because I would take until the end of the world explaining it all and it's also TMI.

Damn, get some help with that. You're only 16, so you can by 20 completely get to a healthy size and not have any permanent damage. It's easier said than done, but there is plenty out there to help you out.

Bruce

Quote from: Brian556 on August 03, 2019, 05:41:05 PM
Panda Express gives you a lot of food for your money. Maybe too much. I always fall asleep on the couch if I get it after work

Panda Express gives you a lot of filler food that can't be called Asian at all. It's total garbage.

kphoger

Where's the poll?  I wanted to vote Yes.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

tolbs17

kphoger

I still can't vote Yes.

I'm in favor.  Mark me down.
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

tolbs17

Quote from: kphoger on August 05, 2019, 04:57:22 PM
I still can't vote Yes.

I'm in favor.  Mark me down.

You are voted Yes. Do you mean if it's overeating or how many meals a day?

Max Rockatansky

To whoever voted for 46 million, are you planning on taking on the record set by Randy Marsh?

kphoger

Quote from: mrhappy1261 on August 05, 2019, 05:01:09 PM
Do you mean if it's overeating or how many meals a day?

I mean I'm in favor.
Male pronouns, please.

tolbs17

Quote from: kphoger on August 05, 2019, 06:08:34 PM
Quote from: mrhappy1261 on August 05, 2019, 05:01:09 PM
Do you mean if it's overeating or how many meals a day?

I mean I'm in favor.

Well I just wanted to make everyone happy. Should I edit the poll question or leave it the way it is?

kphoger

Quote from: mrhappy1261 on August 05, 2019, 07:35:09 PM
Well I just wanted to make everyone happy.

A burrito would make me happy.
Male pronouns, please.

tolbs17

Quote from: kphoger on August 05, 2019, 09:27:30 PM
Quote from: mrhappy1261 on August 05, 2019, 07:35:09 PM
Well I just wanted to make everyone happy.

A burrito would make me happy.

It's like eating 100 tacos or quesadillas/quesaritos from Taco Bell.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.