News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Magic Slate (a cool '70s toy)

Started by bandit957, November 16, 2017, 06:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit957

If you grew up in the '70s, do you remember a toy called the Magic Slate?

It was a little gray sheet of plastic that came with a little red pencil-type thing. You'd draw on the plastic, and then lift it up to erase it. The pencil would dig into the tar-like stuff underneath.

These were inexpensive toys, but they'd wear out after a while. In my day, we had a Bert and Ernie slate, and we may have had a Bugs Bunny slate too.

One of the most hilarious things took place when I was about 4 years old. I had a Magic Slate, and my dad used it to draw a sketch of the Number Painter on 'Sesame Street'. I thought that was so funny!
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

Scott5114

I had one of those in the mid 90s. I think I got it in a Wendy's kid's meal. Mine had red plastic and drawing on it would cause brighter red to show through, almost a neon pink.

They're not too dissimilar to how carbonless copy paper works.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.