News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

The "Future" I-26 is arriving finally

Started by edwaleni, December 06, 2020, 09:49:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ran4sh

Quote from: silverback1065 on January 31, 2024, 08:08:24 AM
left exits sometimes are required in urban areas, particularly downtown because to the spacing of exits and weaving issues between them. that is usually the only place you see left exits anymore is urban areas near or in downtown.

In cases of closely-spaced ramps, some of them should be closed.
Control cities CAN be off the route! Control cities make NO sense if signs end before the city is reached!

Travel Mapping - Most Traveled: I-40, 20, 10, 5, 95 - Longest Clinched: I-20, 85, 24, 16, NJ Tpk mainline
Champions - UGA FB '21 '22 - Atlanta Braves '95 '21 - Atlanta MLS '18

cowboy_wilhelm

Quote from: cowboy_wilhelm on February 24, 2024, 04:05:56 PMBidding for Asheville's I-26 Connector higher than expected, DOT to negotiate offers

The construction estimate was around $825 million.

The NCDOT has issued a best and final offer request for proposal for the I-26 connector.

BAFO with Optimization and Refinement Industry Draft Request for Proposal

"In the event initial Price Proposals exceed an acceptable range of the Engineer's Estimate or if the
Department feels it is necessary, for any reason, the Department may choose to make amendments
to the details of the RFP and request a Best and Final Offer from all the previously short-listed
teams."

Sounds like a cluster. The completion date for the contract is October 1, 2031.

Additionally, the contract to make the initial improvements to ramps at I-26 and I-40 (section AB) has been delayed from April to July.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.