News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

New US90A bridge in Rosenberg opens tonight, TX36 closed until August

Started by armadillo speedbump, February 07, 2020, 10:12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armadillo speedbump

US 90A reopens tonight from the west side of Rosenberg at FM 529/TX 36 to TX Spur 10.  This was closed to build a bridge over a railroad line, and now will feed into the one-way pair of streets recently created, Avenue I eastbound and Avenue H westward.  TX 36 is being closed between US90A/FM529 and Spur 10 until Aug. 7, in order to finish a bridge over another rail line.  This will result in a T-intersection on a bridge for 90A & 36.

It's an interesting solution to a bottleneck that had been constrained by underpasses of rail lines just west of a 3-way railroad junction.  Also was prone to flooding.  And they had just rebuilt the FM529/US90A intersection, maybe a year or two before this project began?  I'm curious if they will fill in the below grade old roads or create a detention pond out of it.  If the later, did the railroads negotiate fills to replace old and increasingly maintenance intensive bridges?

Given how much work has already been done for the TX 36 bridge, I wouldn't be surprised if it reopens well before August.

This map shows detours but not the new layout:

https://rosenbergtx.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Detour_TripleFork_v2.jpg

The new connecting route to Ave I is visible in Google Maps, and you can see the piers for TX36 next to the US90A bridge:

https://www.google.com/maps/@29.5582704,-95.8187919,461m/data=!3m1!1e3

In_Correct

Drive Safely. :sombrero: Ride Safely. And Build More Roads, Rails, And Bridges. :coffee: ... Boulevards Wear Faster Than Interstates.

rte66man

Wow, that rail underpass is NARROW! Between the stoneyard and the manufacturing, there is likely some heavy truck traffic. I can see why that intersection is so dangerous.
When you come to a fork in the road... TAKE IT.

-Yogi Berra

Brian556

In the past, it was standard procedure to build underpasses. Now, it is standard procedure to have highways go over railroads. This is a good thing since underpasses flood. I like one-way pairs. They efficiently move traffic, and there's no issues with turning left

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.