News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

AASHTO Spring 2021 Meeting

Started by bob7374, May 14, 2021, 11:51:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kurumi

Connecticut's case of US 44A was not so much willful noncompliance, but details falling through the cracks; but in the eyes of AASHTO, US 44A never existed: https://www.kurumi.com/roads/ct/us44a.html
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

SEWIGuy

Are there any sanctions if states just sign something without AASHTO approval?

usends

Quote from: SEWIGuy on August 20, 2021, 03:46:05 PM
US 377 in Oklahoma says hello.  Like the name says, it's just an association of state highway officials; the organization doesn't really have the authority to enforce anything.
usends.com - US highway endpoints, photos, maps, and history

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Ridicule by us, on here.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

NWI_Irish96

You're forced to spend a week in Orleans County, NY, debating the feasibility of the Chicago hypotenuse.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

ilpt4u

Quote from: cabiness42 on August 20, 2021, 06:41:54 PM

You're forced to spend a week in Orleans County, NY, debating the feasibility of the Chicago hypotenuse.
:bigass:

WillWeaverRVA

Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on August 20, 2021, 06:37:27 PM
Ridicule by us, on here.

And that's the harshest punishment of all.
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

kphoger

With Joe Biden, I assume.  He'd look real bad if he didn't show up.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Scott5114

Quote from: usends on August 20, 2021, 04:29:37 PM
US 377 in Oklahoma says hello.  Like the name says, it's just an association of state highway officials; the organization doesn't really have the authority to enforce anything.

The AASHTO archive shows that it was a little more complicated than ODOT just signing it without AASHTO approval–the designation was actually written into law a few years prior (years before I-99), but AASHTO declined it anyway. Faced with the decision to comply with federal law or with AASHTO, they went with federal law.

I need to put this into the US-377 Wikipedia article so it's better publicized what actually happened.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

on_wisconsin

Quote from: kphoger on August 20, 2021, 07:29:12 PM

With Joe Biden, I assume.  He'd look real bad if he didn't show up.

Especially since some members of the Eureka PD are planning on having a roundtable discussing the Immigration Freedomway with him, afterwords.
"Speed does not kill, suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson

froggie

Quote from: Scott5114 on August 20, 2021, 10:04:05 PM

The AASHTO archive shows that it was a little more complicated than ODOT just signing it without AASHTO approval–the designation was actually written into law a few years prior (years before I-99), but AASHTO declined it anyway. Faced with the decision to comply with federal law or with AASHTO, they went with federal law.

I need to put this into the US-377 Wikipedia article so it's better publicized what actually happened.

Federal law or state law?

US 89

Quote from: froggie on August 21, 2021, 10:24:09 AM
Quote from: Scott5114 on August 20, 2021, 10:04:05 PM

The AASHTO archive shows that it was a little more complicated than ODOT just signing it without AASHTO approval—the designation was actually written into law a few years prior (years before I-99), but AASHTO declined it anyway. Faced with the decision to comply with federal law or with AASHTO, they went with federal law.

Federal law or state law?

Federal law. One of Oklahoma’s congressmen threw it into some bill I believe.

Edit: see Scott’s post in this thread.

Scott5114

Yep. Rep. Wes Watkins wrote it into the 1988 transportation appropriations bill (actually signed into law in 1987).
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Beeper1

Quote from: cl94 on August 19, 2021, 10:11:37 PM
So NYSDOT didn't even submit the application to relocate US 9 until after the ramp was permanently closed. Pfft.

New Jersey still has never applied to reroute US-9 off the Beesley's Point Bridge, which has been gone for years. 

LM117

Quote from: Rover_0 on August 09, 2021, 03:53:49 PM
I've gotten an email from the USRNC contact, and they said that they are in the process of adding the 2016-present USRNC decisions onto the big database sometime later this month.

CORRECTION: The USRNC member emailed me a PDF with the final decisions. Hopefully this link works. Among the changes confirmed are:

I-587 in North Carolina has been conditionally approved.

An update on this for anyone interested: NCDOT just posted a press release today announcing FHWA approval for I-587 between I-95 and Greenville. I-587 shields will be posted sometime next year.

https://www.ncdot.gov/news/press-releases/Pages/2021/2021-11-16-i-587-designation-approved.aspx
“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.