News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Highest traffic counts in your city?

Started by dariusb, October 07, 2019, 03:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pianocello

Quote from: dariusb on October 13, 2019, 08:57:33 PM
Quote from: pianocello on October 13, 2019, 08:25:10 PM
In the Orlando area, it looks like the stretch of I-4 between Disney World and SR 528 (to the airport) is at 235K vehicles per day.
I bet traffic all along I-4 between Tampa and Orlando is crazy.

I think it is. One of the most frequently congested stretches of road in the area outside the city is I-4 between US 27 and SR 429, southwest of Disney World. The traffic counts there aren't as high as they are in the city, but there's enough vehicles trying to use the road and not a viable alternative that backups occur on a daily basis.
Davenport, IA -> Valparaiso, IN -> Ames, IA -> Orlando, FL -> Gainesville, FL -> Evansville, IN

Flint1979

Jmiles32

For Northern Virginia, it's around 260k on I-95 just south of the Springfield Interchange.
Aspiring Transportation Planner at Virginia Tech. Go Hokies!

Flint1979

For non interstate for Saginaw, Michigan I think it would be the stretch of M-58 between Hemmeter and Center. M-58 is old US-10/M-47 but is almost always called State Street and on the one way part also Davenport Avenue.

6a

Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on October 14, 2019, 07:54:13 PM
For Franklin County * - I-270 between Oh 315 & US 23, 174,180 (2014 is the most recent traffic survey ODOT provides the public)
* - depending on how specific one wants to get with city boundaries. I'm not sure if that one mile of I-270 (between 315 & 23) is in Worthington or Columbus.

I understand the numbers given the proximity to 270, but E. Broad at Taylor Station Rd. still boggles my brain with 77,400.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.