News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Coca Cola Freestyle Machines

Started by roadman65, February 03, 2015, 11:52:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

Quote from: english si on February 16, 2015, 06:44:40 PM
Quote from: roadman65 on February 16, 2015, 04:10:59 PMBurger King was out of Desani Water.
Couldn't they pour a fresh one out of the tap? I guess it wouldn't have the added carcinogens that make it Desani, rather than bottled tap water ;P

CocaCola pulled Desani from the UK after 36 days and I'm surprised the US still has it.
Or they could have poured Zephyrhills into it as it has no difference between standard tap either.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

lordsutch

Quote from: english si on February 16, 2015, 06:44:40 PM
CocaCola pulled Desani from the UK after 36 days and I'm surprised the US still has it.

Whatever branding problems they had in the UK didn't affect it (or Aquafina or Nestle Pure-life or the umpteen other brands of bottled municipal water) here.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: 02 Park Ave on February 03, 2015, 11:01:43 PM
Does the machine offer the new CocaCola Life?

I just asked the Freestyle people on Twitter about this and to see if it was on the roadmap for them to add.  Here's their response to me:
https://twitter.com/ccfreestyle/status/567677323328389120

Buck87

My local Wendy's got one sometime last year. I've enjoyed trying the different flavors of Fanta, and also adding cherry to just about everything.

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: Buck87 on February 18, 2015, 04:38:23 PM
My local Wendy's got one sometime last year. I've enjoyed trying the different flavors of Fanta, and also adding cherry to just about everything.

Really? I have never been to a Wendy's that didn't keep their pop machine behind the counter.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

Pete from Boston

I just wish they had the plain old "soda" option most fountain machines have.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on February 18, 2015, 08:41:36 PM

Really? I have never been to a Wendy's that didn't keep their pop machine behind the counter.

Wendy's is slowly upgrading all the stores machines.  If the store is planned for a complete overhaul, they'll be getting a Freestyle when they reopen.

PurdueBill

I stopped by the Boudin in the basement of Macy's in SF late last summer and they were cursing the hell out of the Freestyle machines--I managed to get a drink and a refill before they both conked out and no one could get them to work...they were calling for repairs "again".  Used the Freestyle at Five Guys a couple times as well; some flavors that sounded interesting turned out to be too putrid to drink after all though.  :P

Laura

Omg I LOVE the freestyle machines. I try not to drink a lot of soda, but I cannot resist when I see them. I usually get diet cherry vanilla dr. pepper!

iPhone

TheHighwayMan3561

Noodles and Company has them. I like the concept but to me the pop tastes weird out of them because of all the incidental flavor mixing.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

rickmastfan67

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on February 25, 2015, 06:20:11 PM
Noodles and Company has them. I like the concept but to me the pop tastes weird out of them because of all the incidental flavor mixing.

Try running a little water first.  That normally fixes that problem.

thenetwork

Do any of these machines offer the Italian beverage called Beverly?  If you haven't tried it at any of the World of Coca-Colas, you have to try it at least once in your lifetime.   Even more fun if you can get an unsuspecting kid to drink it, telling them it is best to down it all at once!!!   

/Those who've tried it know what I'm talking about. :evilgrin:

Buck87

Quote from: thenetwork on February 26, 2015, 12:53:23 AM
Do any of these machines offer the Italian beverage called Beverly?  If you haven't tried it at any of the World of Coca-Colas, you have to try it at least once in your lifetime.   Even more fun if you can get an unsuspecting kid to drink it, telling them it is best to down it all at once!!!   

Good lord.

When I was at the one in Atlanta the girl running the 4D theater told everyone to make sure to try her home nation's favorite drink "Beverly." Not sure if this was some sort of cruel running joke among the world of coke employees, or if she was really a fan of it.

And no, it's not on any coke freestyle that I've seen.

kphoger

Beverly hasn't been produced since 2009. World of Coca-Cola is the only place you can find it anymore, including Italy.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Buck87

The  Coke freestyle at my local Wendy's now has a different starting screen where you have 4 category lists to choose from: All drinks (former main page list), low/no cal, caffeine free, and fruit flavored....then it breaks down further from there. I like how you can now hit fruit flavored, then cherry, and have a list of everything that is available with cherry. 

jakeroot

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on February 18, 2015, 08:41:36 PM

There are three Wendy's near me. Two of the three, until recently, had the machines behind the counter. The other was one of the new Wendy's (with their new design) and already had a Freestyle installed. The former two now have freestyles near the condiment center.

An Old County Buffet near me (also called Old Town Buffet and Country Buffet) recently replaced their Freestyle with a typical soda machine. My assumption is that the freestyle was too slow for the pigs that eat there (including me). It was constantly messy and people were always complaining. I blame the staff for not keeping it clean and the customers for being incredibly messy and impatient. Either way, it was hardly a good match.

Pink Jazz

Quote from: Buck87 on March 18, 2015, 05:32:46 PM
The  Coke freestyle at my local Wendy's now has a different starting screen where you have 4 category lists to choose from: All drinks (former main page list), low/no cal, caffeine free, and fruit flavored....then it breaks down further from there. I like how you can now hit fruit flavored, then cherry, and have a list of everything that is available with cherry.

This is a recent software update that has been rolling out nationwide.  I'm not sure if all machines have gotten the update yet.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Pink Jazz on March 18, 2015, 08:11:26 PM
Quote from: Buck87 on March 18, 2015, 05:32:46 PM

This is a recent software update that has been rolling out nationwide.  I'm not sure if all machines have gotten the update yet.

The update showed up at my local Wendy's last week.  Plus, it came with a new flavored water drink (can't remember the name at this moment).

Pink Jazz

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on March 18, 2015, 08:13:21 PM

The update showed up at my local Wendy's last week.  Plus, it came with a new flavored water drink (can't remember the name at this moment).

Apparently, the update started rolling out at the beginning of this month, so probably not all machines have gotten it yet.

One thing I don't understand is why is there no soda water option on these machines.  Many regular fountains have it.  Perhaps it can be a sub-selection of the water option.  However, one mystery: do restaurants consider soda water as soda or as water?  It doesn't seem very fair to charge a full soda price for soda water, since syrup costs much more than CO2.

thenetwork

I finally stumbled upon my first Freestyle machine at a Noodles and Company. 

THE GOOD:  All the different choices of beverages & flavors.

THE BAD:  I went to one subscreen and before I could see all the options of actual Coca-Cola choices, the screen reverted back to the home screen.  I know they want to "keep the line moving", but give me a chance to see all that is available -- and I am usually a quick reader.

Buck87

Quote from: thenetwork on March 18, 2015, 08:56:12 PM
THE BAD:  I went to one subscreen and before I could see all the options of actual Coca-Cola choices, the screen reverted back to the home screen.  I know they want to "keep the line moving", but give me a chance to see all that is available -- and I am usually a quick reader.

That reminds me, another change I noticed about the one at my local Wendy's was that after a few seconds of inactivity a popup with a timer appeared saying "are you still there?" giving you a chance to tap it and stay on the page before it reverts back to the main screen.

Pink Jazz

Quote from: Buck87 on March 18, 2015, 09:57:21 PM

That reminds me, another change I noticed about the one at my local Wendy's was that after a few seconds of inactivity a popup with a timer appeared saying "are you still there?" giving you a chance to tap it and stay on the page before it reverts back to the main screen.

My guess is that the machine thenetwork used must still have the old software.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Buck87 on March 18, 2015, 09:57:21 PM

Never seen that happen on the ones at our Wendy's.  However, I have noticed that one of the two machines loves to get stuck on the most recent selection and just sit on that drink selection forever sometimes till somebody new hits the 'start over' button.

apjung

My favorite flavors:
Cherry Coke Zero
Cherry-Vanilla Coke Zero
Coke Zero with Lemon
Coke Zero with Lime
Cherry-Lemonade Coke Zero (this option requires me to fill my cup with ½ Cherry Coke Zero and ½ Lemon Coke Zero as there is no one button for Cherry-Lemon Coke Zero)

formulanone

Quote from: thenetwork on February 26, 2015, 12:53:23 AM

I've had it once or twice at Epcot - I think it's actually power steering fluid.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.