News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Who can't wait until April 2nd to knock this stupid shit off?

Started by jeffandnicole, April 01, 2019, 10:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Select all that apply.

Me
Me Again.

jeffandnicole

US71

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

formulanone

Brandon

If you're going to do an April Fools post, make it somewhat believable while outrageous at the same time.  Make it readable instead of silly shit like those stupid law-type threads.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

FightingIrish

I admit, I posted something April Fool's related on the AA Roads FB page. I had mentioned a road border connection between towns in Yukon and Nunavut. Of course, I made up everything. Some people got kinda mad when they realized it. First giveaway was that the two provinces aren't even next to each other.

PHLBOS

One April 1st many years ago, the font on this site went all-Clearview.  Such was definitely a bit hard on the eyes that day.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

signalman

Quote from: PHLBOS on April 02, 2019, 11:20:36 AM
One April 1st many years ago, the font on this site went all-Clearview.  Such was definitely a bit hard on the eyes that day.
I remember that, I also remember it pissing me off.  I also remember another year (I don't think it was the same year) when some members got promoted to staff for the day.  I seem to remember HB being one of them.

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

jeffandnicole

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on April 02, 2019, 12:22:21 PM
It's one day. Have some fun.

It's fun until there's numerous different threads of the same thing.

Gotta be unique about it.  With an element of surprise to the point where you may not realize it's 4/1.

The McDonalds pickle sandwich was a pretty good one, for example.  People were actually pissed at Mickey D's when they found out it wasn't true!

Brandon

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on April 02, 2019, 12:22:21 PM
It's one day. Have some fun.

Just remember, it's all fun and games until someone loses an eye.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

PHLBOS

GPS does NOT equal GOD

X99

My April Fools post was somewhat justifiable. It was a petition to resign I-29 as I-31, so I-27 could be extended to Denver and I could still have my new I-27 plan renumbered to I-29. I didn't directly mention that, though.
why are there only like 5 people on this forum from south dakota

formulanone

roadman65

I still like the one from two years ago saying the Hypotenuse was being built across Chicago.  That was funny considering the one who was obsessed with it was a big joke himself.

I thought though this year the Kmart expanding again was a hit.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Max Rockatansky

roadman

On March 31st, 2011, my former boss left for lunch and didn't return.  As he occasionally took afternoons off, this didn't raise any red flags with anybody.  The next morning, we got an e-mail from him in which he stated he had retired.  Because it was April 1st, and because of how he phrased his e-mail, it took a while for it to sink in that his e-mail wasn't an April Fools joke and that he had indeed retired.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

JoePCool14

Quote from: PHLBOS on April 02, 2019, 11:20:36 AM

Yup, I remember that one too. Unfortunately because I was so young, it took me a while to get the joke. So, I guess it worked...? :spin:

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

Kulerage

Did the site have a joke for April Fools? I wasn't able to get on then.

hotdogPi

Quote from: Kulerage on April 03, 2019, 09:50:01 PM

There were some user-created ones, but there was nothing official (such as word filter replacements and the Clearview font that have happened in previous years).
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

Kulerage

Quote from: 1 on April 03, 2019, 09:51:13 PM

There were some user-created ones, but there was nothing official (such as word filter replacements and the Clearview font that have happened in previous years).
Ah, just about what I expected. Thanks!

jeffandnicole

Quote from: roadman on April 03, 2019, 01:36:18 PM
On March 31st, 2011, my former boss left for lunch and didn't return.  As he occasionally took afternoons off, this didn't raise any red flags with anybody.  The next morning, we got an e-mail from him in which he stated he had retired.  Because it was April 1st, and because of how he phrased his e-mail, it took a while for it to sink in that his e-mail wasn't an April Fools joke and that he had indeed retired.

Wow!  Was he pissed off at the company?  Or did he just decide then and there to retire?  Was there anything that he lost due to such a short retirement notice (unused paid time off, penalties for pension or whatnot, etc)?

Max Rockatansky

Several, the most coherent were the Interstate 32 proposal and Sears opening new stores.

X99

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on April 04, 2019, 12:30:59 AM

Several, the most coherent were the Interstate 32 proposal and Sears opening new stores.
Hey, the I-29 renumbering looked pretty normal too!
why are there only like 5 people on this forum from south dakota

US71

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: US71 on April 04, 2019, 12:06:29 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on April 04, 2019, 12:30:59 AM

Sears IS opening news stores.
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/04/sears-after-going-bankrupt-is-opening-new-stores-for-home-goods.html

That's interesting, it seems like they might be banking on small foot print stores.  Those are usually far less risky and easier to open/close on a whim. 

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.