Guess the Non-interstate Freeway Challenge!

Started by wriddle082, April 05, 2022, 02:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wriddle082

Quote from: cockroachking on April 08, 2022, 11:50:55 PM
Quote from: wriddle082 on April 08, 2022, 02:31:18 PM
Quote from: cockroachking on April 08, 2022, 10:56:50 AM
Quote from: wriddle082 on April 08, 2022, 04:33:07 AM
NJ-208?
Not NJ-208 either, though I'm not sure if this counts anyway since it does share some lack-of-controlled-access features with NJ-17, though not quite as abundant.
Ok it shows up as a blue freeway in RMcN atlases so I guess I assumed it was a true freeway but I suppose super streets are marked this way as well.  And I assumed it was climbing one of the same hills as I-280 does as you head west out of Newark.
That is interesting, as clearly this would disqualify it from being a freeway in my view. That being said, it does function as a freeway, minus the handful of driveways and businesses. Are NJ-4 and NJ-17 marked as blue as well?

Part of NJ-4 is marked blue going east from Hackensack, but west of there it's an orange "other multilane highway" .  And all of NJ-17 is marked orange.

cockroachking

Quote from: KCRoadFan on April 08, 2022, 11:57:47 PM
The Palisades?
It is not the Palisades.

Quote from: wriddle082 on April 09, 2022, 02:21:31 AM
Part of NJ-4 is marked blue going east from Hackensack, but west of there it's an orange "other multilane highway" .  And all of NJ-17 is marked orange.
Very interesting, since the east part of NJ-4 is very similar to NJ-17.

---------------

Region Reveal: Southeast

planxtymcgillicuddy

Quote from: cockroachking on April 07, 2022, 11:36:36 PM
Quote from: wriddle082 on April 07, 2022, 10:15:45 PM
Quote from: ilpt4u on April 07, 2022, 07:27:51 PM
Quote from: cockroachking on April 07, 2022, 06:50:55 PM
TN-155?
This is my last hope before I lose my mind lol
That does look a lot like Briley Pkwy/TN-155, now that I think about it, between the Airport and Opryland

And we have a winner!

And yes it's between the Airport and Opryland, or more specifically between the US 70 Lebanon Rd and Two Rivers Pkwy exits, almost at the bottom of the hill.

The board now belongs to cockroachking.
Luckily I found a section of it that looked similar enough north of Opryland that made me consider it, or else I was going to throw in the towel  :D
Next up:

One of the freeway sections of US-22 in PA?
It's easy to be easy when you're easy...

Quote from: on_wisconsin on November 27, 2021, 02:39:12 PM
Whats a Limon, and does it go well with gin?

bing101

MATraveler128

That pavement quality screams New York. Is it the Taconic Parkway?
Decommission 128 south of Peabody!

Lowest untraveled number: 56

cockroachking

Quote from: bing101 on April 09, 2022, 06:03:27 PM
US-78 Georgia?
Nope, but not a terrible guess.

Quote from: cockroachking on April 09, 2022, 04:50:46 PM
Region Reveal: Southeast
Quote from: BlueOutback7 on April 09, 2022, 09:18:46 PM
That pavement quality screams New York. Is it the Taconic Parkway?
Not the Taconic. Last time I checked, NY wasn't in the Southeast  :)

KCRoadFan

That's got to be somewhere in the Smokies, then. Might it be...US 74 in western NC?

cockroachking

Quote from: KCRoadFan on April 10, 2022, 12:07:28 AM
That's got to be somewhere in the Smokies, then. Might it be...US 74 in western NC?
Not US-74.

planxtymcgillicuddy

It's easy to be easy when you're easy...

Quote from: on_wisconsin on November 27, 2021, 02:39:12 PM
Whats a Limon, and does it go well with gin?

wriddle082

Is this an older view of US 27 near Chattanooga?

cockroachking

wriddle082

I finally found it.  US 31 Elton B Stephens Expwy in Birmingham, near here:
https://goo.gl/maps/KMytnQkWuiiLwqZR6

Very good obscure choice from a state that only has two total non-Interstate freeways!

Since I've gone 7 hours between guesses, and I felt the need to put this one out of its misery, would somebody else like to go next?

cockroachking

Quote from: wriddle082 on April 10, 2022, 05:19:20 PM
I finally found it.  US 31 Elton B Stephens Expwy in Birmingham, near here:
https://goo.gl/maps/KMytnQkWuiiLwqZR6

Very good obscure choice from a state that only has two total non-Interstate freeways!

Since I've gone 7 hours between guesses, and I felt the need to put this one out of its misery, would somebody else like to go next?
Yep, that is it. The picture was from a bit further south, facing the other way. I tried to make the picture somewhat easy by going with the rock cut with the buildings in the background.

SD Mapman

Quote from: wriddle082 on April 10, 2022, 05:19:20 PM

Well, here's the only one I have in my Flickr album:

Forum region is Central States.
The traveler sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. - G.K. Chesterton

wriddle082

SD Mapman

The traveler sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. - G.K. Chesterton

ilpt4u

Clearly, *THIS* one is Florida's Turnpike! The snow gives it away! /sarcasm  :sombrero:

cockroachking

SD Mapman

Quote from: cockroachking on April 12, 2022, 01:14:45 AM
US-69/18th St Expy in KC, Kansas?
No Sporting KC here.

Note: Why Sporting KC and not the Chiefs or Royals?

jlam

SD Mapman

Quote from: jlam on April 12, 2022, 11:51:05 AM
US 75 in Omaha?
Not near the University of No Opportunity (sorry if there's any UNO alums here).

Note: read my older note

KCRoadFan

This has to be US 54 in the Lake of the Ozarks area of Missouri, right? It looks like a road I've driven before.

SD Mapman

Quote from: KCRoadFan on April 13, 2022, 11:16:20 AM
This has to be US 54 in the Lake of the Ozarks area of Missouri, right? It looks like a road I've driven before.
Right state wrong road

JayhawkCO

SD Mapman

Quote from: JayhawkCO on April 13, 2022, 01:28:11 PM
Armour Road/MO210?

Getting warmer (although the picture was taken in January when it was cold)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.