News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Exits you've passed by many times, but never used

Started by lepidopteran, October 25, 2017, 07:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexandriaVA

There are many exits in the DC area which are for specific federal agencies, some of which are restricted compounds (e.g. CIA off of the GW Parkway, NSA off of the BW Parkway). I imagine many locals haven't ever used some of those exits, for obvious reasons.

roadman65

I have traveled SR 417 through the Lake Nona exit and never used it.  In fact only once I was I on Lake Nona Blvd. through the interchange but never used its ramps.

Also on FL 417 I have been through Innovation Way, but never used that either.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Mike_OH

NB I-75 to US 50 West in Downtown Cincinnati

countysigns

Having lived in NW Ohio pretty much all my life, I can't think of very many I haven't used, except the OH-2 exit and the OH-53 exits off the Turnpike.

The OH-2 exit leads to Toledo Express Airport and if I want to get out to that section of the county, I usually take I-475/US-23 to Airport Highway.
The OH-53 exit is for Fremont and Port Clinton.  If I go to Fremont, I take I-280 to US-20/US-23.  If I go to Port Clinton, I use OH-2.

OracleUsr

NJ 495 in Seacaucus (SP?).  Never been through the Lincoln Tunnel.
Anti-center-tabbing, anti-sequential-numbering, anti-Clearview BGS FAN

Buffaboy

Exit 55 on I-90 East, that's one I rarely use, even growing up. There simply is no reason to get to Lackawanna or West Seneca that way from where I live, and there's nothing there I can't get closer to home.

Also, Exit 52A William St is extremely rare for me to use. I've taken hundreds, maybe thousands of trips on I-90 past that exit. I can count on one hand how many times I've gotten off there. That's not to say it isn't an important exit though. Because there's no Eastern portion of I-190, it links William St and Losson Roads as trunk roads with I-90/I-190. There are turning lanes on said roads just for this traffic.

Same with Exit 51 Cleveland Drive. No reason to exit there.
What's not to like about highways and bridges, intersections and interchanges, rails and planes?

My Wikipedia county SVG maps: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Buffaboy

fillup420

Nearly every exit along the US 321 and US 421 freeway portions between Boone and Charlotte.

pianocello

I-80 Exit 265 in Atalissa, IA. It's the only exit between Davenport and Iowa City I haven't used, and I'm not even sure if the crossroad is paved.
Davenport, IA -> Valparaiso, IN -> Ames, IA -> Orlando, FL -> Gainesville, FL -> Evansville, IN

ftballfan

In Michigan:
I-96 Exits 23, 25, 64, 73, 76, 84, 140, 145, 147
US-23 Exits 34, 39, 58
US-31 Exit 113
US-131 Exits 80, 83B, 85A

roadfro

The Mercury interchange on US 95 northwest of Las Vegas, Nevada. Having driven between Reno and Vegas more times than I can count, this is an exit I've never used.  This exit has no services and exists solely as an access to the Nevada Test Site, so there's never been a reason for me to exit there.
Roadfro - AARoads Pacific Southwest moderator since 2010, Nevada roadgeek since 1983.

slorydn1

Almost every exit on I-95 in the states of NC, SC, GA and FL would count for me here. I haven't been from Virginia north enough times to call it "many times"

Please Note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of any governmental agency, non-governmental agency, quasi-governmental agency or wanna be governmental agency

Counties: Counties Visited

jakeroot

South of Seattle, I-5 southbound Exit 156. The northbound Exit 156 goes towards the 599 freeway, but the southbound exit goes towards Interurban Ave (you have to make a couple turns to get onto the 599). As far as I can remember, despite the exit being in a very urban area, I've never exited there. I can think of several reasons why I might want to, but I still never have.

TheHighwayMan3561

I guess widening the scope a bit. I'll just do I-35 in MN since I don't think I use I-94 or I-90 enough to qualify any of them.

North of MSP, I don't ever remember using:
Exit 175 (Pine County 14-Beroun).

South of MSP, I don't ever remember using:
Exit 66 (Rice County 1-Dundas/Montgomery)
Exit 55 (NB only - Faribault BL I-35)
Exit 43 (Steele County 34-Owatonna north side)
Exit 32 (Steele County 4-Hope)
Exit 22 (Freeborn County 35-Geneva/Hartland)
Exit 5 (Freeborn County 13-Twin Lakes)
Exit 2 (Freeborn County 5)
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

NWI_Irish96

On I-65 in Indianapolis, Exits 115, 116, 117, 119 and 121.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.