Regional Boards > Southeast

Baton Rouge

<< < (2/6) > >>

Anthony_JK:

--- Quote from: adventurernumber1 on October 12, 2014, 11:23:21 PM ---Tbh there is no need for I-12 to be extended to Dallas, for I-10 to I-49 to I-20 would do the job just fine.

--- End quote ---

Actually, I-10 to LA 415 to US 190 to I-49 to I-20 does the job more than adequately, if you don't count the Livonia, Krotz Springs, and Port Barre speed traps.

And yeah....the 10/110 Split TOTSU and the narrowing of I-10 EB to the Washington St. exit needs to be resolved first before we can even talk about more Interstates there.

pctech:
We really need to address the issues that we have with the current Interstate and local street quagmire before we build any new ones. ( which we can't afford anyway)
What we really need is some real political leadership at the local and state level....and, oh yeah a non- apathetic public. (with an interest beyond LSU sports)
I was recently in CO. (Denver metro area and west) They are way ahead of us. in both private auto and public transportation. I found driving there easier than BR. (granted I may hit it just right)

cjk374:
I-12 only needs widening, not extending.  I-10 & its current design is THE main issue that needs attention.  I don't know how it has lasted this long in its current state.  It is horrible!!

golden eagle:

--- Quote from: Anthony_JK on July 26, 2014, 10:38:47 AM ---Where, exactly, would you put them?? Other than I-110 being a potential (maybe) I-53 (with an upgraded US 61), and I-12 extended west along US 190, there isn't really any place to put any more Interstates.

--- End quote ---

This just gave me an idea. I'd like to see 110, via a US 61 upgrade, extended to the Jackson area. Of course, this means Mississippi would need to get involved, and I doubt this has even been thought of by MDOT. Because there's already an I-110 in Mississippi, it have to be renumbered, maybe as I-51 or 53.

jbnv:

--- Quote from: golden eagle on February 01, 2015, 01:58:46 PM --- Because there's already an I-110 in Mississippi, it have to be renumbered, maybe as I-51 or 53.

--- End quote ---

Would have to be I-53. Too close to US 51, which runs through both Louisiana and Mississippi.

And it wouldn't go to Jackson. I-12 to I-55 gets you from BR to Jackson well enough. I could see this following US 61 to Natchez and Vicksburg, then turning towards Little Rock, connecting with and absorbing I-530. In fact, others have suggested this before.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version