Regional Boards > Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador

<< < (3/5) > >>

ghYHZ:
Here’s a few winter pictures when you definitely wouldn’t be taking you bike to Newfoundland.

We usually make a couple of trips each winter to Marble Mountain in Corner Brook. Over on the ferry Friday Night....two days skiing.....ferry back on Sunday night and at work by 10 on Monday morning.

Arriving at Port-aux-Basques

The drive on TCH1 up the west coast.

Marble Mountain Resort along the Trans Canada Highway in the Humber River Valley.

Those unique Newfoundland names even on the ski trails.

Heading home Sunday night.

Pete from Boston:
That's the coolest-looking ski lodge I've ever seen, and only 1000 miles from here.  When does their season usually last until?

ghYHZ:

--- Quote from: Pete from Boston on February 13, 2016, 04:19:58 PM ---That's the coolest-looking ski lodge I've ever seen, and only 1000 miles from here.  When does their season usually last until?

--- End quote ---
Usually early April and it is one nice hill with lots of snow!

http://www.newfoundlandlabrador.com/PlacesToGo/MarbleMountainResort

froggie:

--- Quote ---How is the bridge holding up that harsh environment?
--- End quote ---

They built the bridge with winter (and ice in the strait in particular) in mind.  Part of the reason it ran $1B is because they had to build it rugged.

Pete from Boston:

--- Quote from: froggie on February 13, 2016, 10:59:04 PM ---
--- Quote ---How is the bridge holding up that harsh environment?
--- End quote ---

They built the bridge with winter (and ice in the strait in particular) in mind.  Part of the reason it ran $1B is because they had to build it rugged.

--- End quote ---

I sure hope so.  I crossed it one year in mildly bad weather in October and the sea was angry enough that day to give us pause.  I would hate to be on it in a genuine winter storm.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version