Regional Boards > Pacific Southwest

Nevada

<< < (45/50) > >>

Occidental Tourist:
From a 1968 map on historic aerials, Las Vegas Blvd was US 466 and US 91 immediately south of the Fremont/Las Vegas Blvd intersection. US 91, US 93, and US 95 ran north along Las Vegas Blvd from the Fremont intersection.

The only routing that appears to have used Main Street is Alt US 91.  The portion of Fremont that is currently the Fremont Street Experience did not have any routings along it.

ClassicHasClass:
Pretty sure that the earliest routing of NV 5 went down Main St with US 91, and branched off on Fremont there. US 95 was designated over that alignment officially in 1940, so if that were the case, the modern Fremont St Experience would have been US 95 for at least a couple years until everything got shifted to LV Blvd.

US 395:

--- Quote from: gonealookin on June 22, 2023, 01:48:18 PM ---Construction of the SPUI is Phase 2B-4 of the Carson City Freeway project.  When Phase 2B-3 (extension from Fairview Ave. to South Carson Street) was completed, the projected schedule for Phase 2B-4 was the late 2020s, pending funding.

The major backup that occurs there is in the left turn from the end of the freeway, coming southbound, onto southbound US 395.

Even as a local who passes through that intersection pretty frequently, I don't see construction of the SPUI being very high on anybody's priority list.  My own guess is that intersection remains unchanged until such time as traffic on US 395 from Carson City down to Minden creates a push to upgrade those 10 miles or so of US 395 to full freeway.

--- End quote ---

In my opinion, NDOT should've just gotten it done and over with. That way it's already there for if and/or when traffic counts go up and Lake Tahoe-bound traffic can keep going without stopping.

gonealookin:

--- Quote from: US 395 on December 03, 2023, 11:54:02 PM ---
--- Quote from: gonealookin on June 22, 2023, 01:48:18 PM ---Construction of the SPUI is Phase 2B-4 of the Carson City Freeway project.  When Phase 2B-3 (extension from Fairview Ave. to South Carson Street) was completed, the projected schedule for Phase 2B-4 was the late 2020s, pending funding.

The major backup that occurs there is in the left turn from the end of the freeway, coming southbound, onto southbound US 395.

Even as a local who passes through that intersection pretty frequently, I don't see construction of the SPUI being very high on anybody's priority list.  My own guess is that intersection remains unchanged until such time as traffic on US 395 from Carson City down to Minden creates a push to upgrade those 10 miles or so of US 395 to full freeway.

--- End quote ---

In my opinion, NDOT should've just gotten it done and over with. That way it's already there for if and/or when traffic counts go up and Lake Tahoe-bound traffic can keep going without stopping.

--- End quote ---

NDOT probably would have liked to get it "done and over with" too.  There's that minor issue of funding the project.  There was enough of a stink from some Las Vegas legislators about that segment of I-580 from Mt. Rose Highway to the north end of Washoe Valley being an allegedly extravagant six lanes rather than four.  I'm sure there will be some sort of upgrading of that intersection eventually but I haven't heard much to suggest that "late 2020s" is a realistic timeline any more.

US 395:

--- Quote from: gonealookin on December 04, 2023, 12:54:26 AM ---
--- Quote from: US 395 on December 03, 2023, 11:54:02 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

NDOT probably would have liked to get it "done and over with" too.  There's that minor issue of funding the project.  There was enough of a stink from some Las Vegas legislators about that segment of I-580 from Mt. Rose Highway to the north end of Washoe Valley being an allegedly extravagant six lanes rather than four.  I'm sure there will be some sort of upgrading of that intersection eventually but I haven't heard much to suggest that "late 2020s" is a realistic timeline any more.

--- End quote ---

Let's be honest, Vegas legislators already have issue with anything being done or considered up here in the north.
But yeah, I don't see late 2020's being realistic either.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version