News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Russian Street View

Started by realjd, April 20, 2010, 12:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

realjd

I came across this website today (from a firearms blog of all places). It's a Russian online map site, and they have StreetView images of a few cities like St. Petersburg and Moscow.

http://maps.yandex.ru/

To find the StreetView images, zoom in to a place like Moscow and the button indicated in the following picture will appear:

Click it, and any roads with pictures will be highlighted blue. Just click on the blue roads to see the images. I haven't had a chance to play around with it too much yet. I found that if you use your mouse wheel to zoom, the button doesn't always appear. You have to double-click to zoom to get it to appear.

Truvelo

First thing I did was I tried zooming out only to increase the size of the map. The + and - symbols are the wrong way round :pan:
Speed limits limit life

Scott5114

I think it's kind of funny that it automatically geolocated to a map of Oklahoma done up in Cyrillic characters :spin:
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Truvelo

Quote from: Scott5114 on April 20, 2010, 03:59:46 PM
I think it's kind of funny that it automatically geolocated to a map of Oklahoma done up in Cyrillic characters :spin:

That's because it's based on your IP address :pan:
Speed limits limit life

Bickendan

Not sure about that. It dropped me over Melborne, and my IP traditionally reports from Monmouth, OR (I'm in Portland).

mightyace

Quote from: Bickendan on April 21, 2010, 12:54:02 AM
Not sure about that. It dropped me over Melborne, and my IP traditionally reports from Monmouth, OR (I'm in Portland).

Austrailia?  Or, is there also one in Oregon?  :confused:
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

Bickendan

Hellfighter

I can't understand anything!  :confused: I'll wait until Google gets there...

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.