News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Rugby chatter

Started by Bruce, June 11, 2021, 02:26:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce

Seeing as there's no topic yet, I decided to make one.

USA Rugby is bidding to host the 2027 or 2031 Rugby World Cup, which would take place in early fall.

https://www.usa.rugby/2021/06/usa-accepted-as-bid-candidate-for-rugby-world-cup-2027-2029-and-2031-committee-to-begin-campaign-following-positive-feasibility-study/

This could be a huge moment for the sport (rugby union) in the U.S., which now has an active league (Major League Rugby) and regularly makes it to the World Cup (but has not advanced past the pool stage).

hotdogPi

Why does Major League Rugby play rugby union and not rugby league?
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

Roadgeekteen

There is a rugby team at my high school, but lacrosse still dominates the spring. Nobody I know watches rugby.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

DandyDan

I'm surprised that not only does Mason City have a team, but also I know someone who is on it and where they practice. It's totally amateur, but I can respect that.
MORE FUN THAN HUMANLY THOUGHT POSSIBLE

Bruce

Having come back my first Major League Rugby game, I thought I should also post some relevant news.

The U.S. has been named host of the 2031 Rugby World Cup (men's) and 2033 Rugby World Cup (women's). The bid is mostly using mid-sized stadiums (MLS venues) with a few larger stadiums. 28 cities are part of the bid and will be whittled down to 12 official hosts:

Takumi

Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.