National Boards > Road Enthusiasts Meetings

Timeline leading up to the first publicly organized roadmeet - SWPA 2/27/99

<< < (2/3) > >>

jpi:
Interesting history on this, at the time I was living in York Pennsylvania, had just met Steph and going through a "depressed" time in my life, it would not be until I started at York Technical Institute in October of 1999 for school that I discovered MTR and that this road meet took place along with you Adam and Jeff Kitsko and your websites and it dawned on me that I was not the only person who had such a BIG interest in all things roads, maps and the history of them.

hbelkins:

--- Quote from: Alps on August 18, 2023, 03:23:00 PM ---
--- Quote from: 74/171FAN on August 18, 2023, 07:21:25 AM ---There was a PA 6066 shield?

--- End quote ---
I have never seen evidence of a single shield for a quadrant route.

--- End quote ---

I saw a keystone marker for a quadrant route (2047, I think it was) along the US 219 project in the Meyersdale area. It was a temporary construction sign.

PAHighways:
Although not about the first SWPA meet (although it is cited), Joe Grata, the former transportation reporter for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, did a story about the 2005 meet for his column.

74/171FAN:

--- Quote from: PAHighways on August 25, 2023, 09:10:00 PM ---Although not about the first SWPA meet (although it is cited), Joe Grata, the former transportation reporter for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, did a story about the 2005 meet for his column.

--- End quote ---

Something is not right with the link.

PAHighways:

--- Quote from: 74/171FAN on August 25, 2023, 09:50:24 PM ---
--- Quote from: PAHighways on August 25, 2023, 09:10:00 PM ---Although not about the first SWPA meet (although it is cited), Joe Grata, the former transportation reporter for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, did a story about the 2005 meet for his column.

--- End quote ---

Something is not right with the link.

--- End quote ---

Try it now

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version