Regional Boards > Pacific Southwest

🛣 Headlines About California Highways – October 2023

(1/4) > >>

cahwyguy:
It's a new month, and you know what that means: It's time for headlines related to California Highways. There have been a lot of headlines this month. Additionally, there are some resources here I discovered while working on the podcasts; there are links to the two podcast episodes dropped during the month, and there are some articles that will certainly spur some discussion... so, "ready, set, discuss".

Link to the headline post: https://cahighways.org/wordpress/?p=16599

Max Rockatansky:
Looks like the Yankee Jim Bridge just got kicked up the priority list for me.  I’ll have to wait until Jessica gets her Forester back to I can stuff my mountain bike in the back.

Quillz:
You've got an article in there about Arizona and one about Detroit.

cahwyguy:

--- Quote from: Quillz on November 02, 2023, 04:09:06 PM ---You've got an article in there about Arizona and one about Detroit.

--- End quote ---

Yup. The one about Arizona deals with the section of AZ 95 that was routed in California. The Detroit one deals with highway removals gone wrong, and there are also discussions about proposed removals for Route 980 and Route 90, so it seemed relevant and interesting.

pderocco:
I wish I knew about Yankee Jims Bridge two weeks ago, as I was up there exploring the old Historic US-40 routing. I see there's another similar bridge upstream on Iowa Hill Rd that has already been bypassed by a wider more modern bridge. The two would make a nice loop to travel.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version