Regional Boards > Canada

Ontario's Highways

<< < (300/308) > >>

andrepoiy:

--- Quote from: vdeane on August 05, 2023, 04:23:14 PM ---Last weekend, I noticed that many regional routes are signed with blue shields, which others are signed with white ones.  Why are some blue and others white?

--- End quote ---

I would say that in Ontario white is the norm for county/regional routes.

The only jurisdictions that do not conform to that standard (that I know of) are: Niagara Region (blue), Hamilton (blue), Peel Region (black and yellow), and Halton Region (green and yellow).

As to why that particular Niagara Region shield is white, I don't know. Perhaps it's the older standard? No idea.

vdeane:

--- Quote from: andrepoiy on August 05, 2023, 09:42:36 PM ---
--- Quote from: vdeane on August 05, 2023, 04:23:14 PM ---Last weekend, I noticed that many regional routes are signed with blue shields, which others are signed with white ones.  Why are some blue and others white?

--- End quote ---

The only jurisdictions that do not conform to that standard (that I know of) are: Niagara Region (blue), Hamilton (blue), Peel Region (black and yellow), and Halton Region (green and yellow).

As to why that particular Niagara Region shield is white, I don't know. Perhaps it's the older standard? No idea.

--- End quote ---
Given that that particular shield is at the ON 20/ON 58 intersection, could it have to do with being a MTO install?

7/8:

--- Quote from: andrepoiy on August 05, 2023, 09:42:36 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

A few more to add:
- Grey County: white on blue
- Perth County: green on white
- Simcoe County: blue on white

AsphaltPlanet:
The white signs for Niagara Region are MTO signs, while the blue ones are Niagara Regional signs.  For better or for worse, the MTO pretty much always just installs standard county route markers when it installs signage for county roads ignoring local standards or variations on the design.

AsphaltPlanet:
Hwy 401 looking easterly from the James Snow Parkway interchange:

https://www.asphaltplanet.ca/ON/hwy_401_images/401_cl_324_east_EB_t_Aug23_24x16.jpg

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version