News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Quebec's Papineau-Labelle Nature Reserve

Started by bluenoser2, December 05, 2022, 10:47:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluenoser2

I'm am planning a motorcycling holiday for the summer of 2023 which would include many of the roads within Papineau-Labelle.  The maps I have available do not clearing identify which roads are gravel surface and which are paved.  I prefer paved roads, I can travel gravel roads but my motorcycle is more suited to paved roads.  My plan is to travel by motorcycle and then hike some of the trails within the nature reserve.

The roads I am considering are Route 1, Route 3, Route 4, Route 6, Route 32.

Anyone out there have information on these road surfaces?  Thanks in advance.

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

bluenoser2

Quote from: kphoger on December 05, 2022, 11:08:39 AM
https://www.avenzamaps.com/maps/1511758?

??
Thanks for the reply, I've checked the Avenza maps previously.  The map legend indentifies the roads as "secondary" etc, which could be asphalt, or not.
I was hoping for input from someone who has driven the roads and are familiar with the surfaces.

webfil

Hello. There are no paved roads within the limits of the reserve. At best, it's packed gravel. At worst, it's unmaintained, former logging roads that are gradually being closed by vegetation. I advise to avoid the reserve if you are not riding an Enduro.

Safe travels.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.