Regional Boards > Southeast

I-69 in TN

<< < (180/199) > >>

GreenLanternCorps:

--- Quote from: The Ghostbuster on November 25, 2023, 07:15:25 PM ---Maybe the TN 690 designation will last until the Troy Bypass is completed. Personally, I would have signed it as Future Interstate 69, like North Carolina does on future Interstate 26 north of Asheville.

--- End quote ---

It will probably last until the Fulton/South Fulton interchanges are fixed which I think is further along.  Kentucky will have I-69 finished to Exit 1 in Fulton by the end of 2024.  The state line interchanges and reroute should not take nearly as long as new construction around Troy, So we should have I-69 complete from US 51 to just South of the Ohio river in a few years.

GreenLanternCorps:

--- Quote from: Rick Powell on October 13, 2023, 12:08:47 PM ---
--- Quote from: lordsutch on October 12, 2023, 01:22:53 PM ---
Correct. TDOT and KYTC have a project in the Tennessee STIP for engineering on the state line interchange; the sketch in the TDOT STIP shows the I-69 mainline continuing northeast and then curving northwest to tie in north of the state line about where the weigh station is now.

There's nothing suggesting what will come of TN 214 but due to interchange spacing they probably will get rid of the ramps and have it tie in to Old Pierce Road or extend it east to US 45E at the existing at-grade by the middle/high school. Nor is there any indication of what if any local access will be provided to South Fulton from I-69; there probably isn't enough traffic to justify anything fancy.

--- End quote ---

This is the link to the STIP item, apparently the total cost is around $53M and they will spend about $3M on the planning.

https://www.tn.gov/content/dam/tn/tdot/programdevelopment/rural-modifications/Rural%20Mod%20199%202066060.pdf

--- End quote ---

What kind of timeline are we looking at for this project?

hbelkins:

--- Quote from: wriddle082 on November 24, 2023, 11:17:23 PM ---
--- Quote from: The Ghostbuster on November 24, 2023, 04:42:03 PM ---Is TN 690 a temporary designation along the future Interstate 69 corridor? They couldn’t temporarily number it TN 69 (like they’ve done in North Carolina) since one has existed since 1923.

--- End quote ---

There is already a TN 69.  It runs from the Alabama border southeast of Savannah all the way to the Kentucky border northwest of Paris.  Much of it is superceded by US 641, but it does have significant stretches where it runs alone at each end.  There’s even a TN 69A that runs from Camden to Paris via Big Sandy.

--- End quote ---

And not all that far east of the I-69 corridor, either.

Interestingly, Kentucky has not yet changed the numbers of either KY 69 or KY 165, which still exist. KY 165 is on the other end of the state, but KY 69 is relatively close to I-69.

triplemultiplex:

--- Quote from: roadman65 on November 14, 2023, 11:12:42 AM --- ^^^^^^I will say that the Quality Inn and Hampton did both right building their hotels at the locations they’re at, as once I-69 is completed, the interchange south of it will make them EZ on and off for interstate travelers using the new exchange. 

--- End quote ---

Those hotels predate any inkling of the location of I-69 by quite a bit; especially the Quality Inn. ;)

For the record, that's 13 years of construction for this measly chunk of I-69. Some of that pavement is almost a decade old already.

GreenLanternCorps:

--- Quote from: triplemultiplex on December 01, 2023, 04:04:31 PM ---
--- Quote from: roadman65 on November 14, 2023, 11:12:42 AM --- ^^^^^^I will say that the Quality Inn and Hampton did both right building their hotels at the locations they’re at, as once I-69 is completed, the interchange south of it will make them EZ on and off for interstate travelers using the new exchange. 

--- End quote ---

Those hotels predate any inkling of the location of I-69 by quite a bit; especially the Quality Inn. ;)

For the record, that's 13 years of construction for this measly chunk of I-69. Some of that pavement is almost a decade old already.

--- End quote ---

The grading is a decade old. The paving project started in 2021.

https://www.jacksonsun.com/story/news/2021/07/16/paving-interstate-69-bypass-obion-county-tennessee/7937940002/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version