News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Do you think California should have logo signs in urban areas?

Started by Lytton, May 12, 2015, 09:06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Pink Jazz on June 09, 2018, 10:37:31 AM
I was on a trip to San Diego and Los Angeles on Memorial Day weekend, and on my way back from Los Angeles, I noticed that Blythe had logo signs even though its population is above Caltrans' limit of 5000.  I wonder if Blythe was granted a special exception to the rule.

I believe those have been in place for quite some time.  It probably has a lot to do with the long stretch of desert west to reach anything viable in Coachella.  I want to say that I-40 has them in Needles as well. 

oscar

Quote from: djsekani on June 16, 2018, 05:29:13 PM
Ever since I moved out to California the lack of logo signs struck me as odd and annoying. My current options are either to use GPS (which can be problematic when I'm driving solo) or just hang around in the right lane and look for the retailers' own freeway-visible signage.

It seems to be a district-by-district thing.

The most annoying situation is places like Santa Barbara, where there not only is no logo signage, but the city restricts "freeway-visible" business signage.  A sensible policy on logo signage (not what California has now) would allow more logo signs in places with less "freeway-visible" business signs, while dispensing with logo signs in places full of billboards and overhead signs (personally, I'd rather have the less intrusive logo signs).
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.