News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

What is up with I-366?

Started by iBallasticwolf2, July 29, 2015, 06:03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freebrickproductions

Quote from: US 41 on August 31, 2017, 12:26:54 PM
Here's the I-366 thread --> https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=5504.0

Some quotes that made me laugh.

Quote from: Ian on October 25, 2011, 06:44:00 PM
Quote from: Takumi on October 25, 2011, 06:42:29 PM
85 of course :sombrero:

That's good. Because if it were any lower, I wouldn't be able sleep at night.

Quote from: corco on October 27, 2011, 03:57:25 PM
QuoteFor VA 28, 55 MPH and 60 MPH is just too slow to me.

I'll give you $20 right now to get in a car and drive 60 MPH. You'll be scared shitless.

Quote from: kaothinterceptor on October 28, 2011, 03:40:21 PM
Quote from: Takumi on October 28, 2011, 03:38:10 PM
"No, no, officer, it's ok! Ethanman62187 told me I could go 65!" :coffee:  :happy:

Something tells me there's at least one policeman that would buy that excuse in that area...

My personal favorite(s) from that thread:

Quote from: Scott5114 on November 01, 2011, 09:52:19 AM
Is it pronounced six-twenty-one-eighty-seven, or sixty-two-eighteen-seven? I have to know so that the cop will know that I actually know Ethanman personally.

Quote from: Takumi on November 01, 2011, 06:58:26 PM
I don't know. I always figured it was Six-Two-One-Eight-Seven.

Quote from: Quillz on November 01, 2011, 07:05:47 PM
Quote from: Scott5114 on November 01, 2011, 09:52:19 AM
Is it pronounced six-twenty-one-eighty-seven, or sixty-two-eighteen-seven? I have to know so that the cop will know that I actually know Ethanman personally.
I always assumed it was June 22, 1987.

Quote from: WillWeaverRVA on November 01, 2011, 07:43:49 PM
Quote from: Takumi on November 01, 2011, 07:16:33 PM
It could be the screen name and/or email address he uses and 62187 was the first Ethanman available. (The thought that there could be 62,186 more Ethanmen out there scares me a bit...)

Perish the thought!

Maybe it's the badge number of the cop that let him drive 65 on VA 28...while underage.
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

WillWeaverRVA

Thankfully those 62,186 other Ethanmen haven't surfaced.
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

CNGL-Leudimin

Quote from: 1 on August 31, 2017, 10:15:04 AM
Yes. He's not in the list of members here.

Neither is dlzsabe :sombrero:.

Anyway, I'm not using I-366 in my grand plan that I have on hold, as I make that section part of a Second Capital beltway numbered I-666 :evilgrin:. That same section now is also part of my I-85 extension to Canada.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

roadman65

Quote from: WillWeaverRVA on August 31, 2017, 07:36:49 PM

However there is dzlabe.  Him and his hypotenuse as as bad as the I-366 the former used to talk about.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

WillWeaverRVA

Quote from: roadman65 on September 02, 2017, 10:01:14 AM

However there is dzlabe.  Him and his hypotenuse as as bad as the I-366 the former used to talk about.

Eh, honestly I think FritzOwl is worse than the Hypotenuse, but not as bad as I-366 or Alanland. Thankfully FritzOwl has generally confined himself within the Fictional Highways forum.
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

hotdogPi

Quote from: WillWeaverRVA on September 02, 2017, 12:24:48 PM
Quote from: roadman65 on September 02, 2017, 10:01:14 AM

Eh, honestly I think FritzOwl is worse than the Hypotenuse, but not as bad as I-366 or Alanland. Thankfully FritzOwl has generally confined himself within the Fictional Highways forum.

FritzOwl is not as bad as dzlsabe. If dzlsabe disagreed with someone, he would make a long rant, sometimes with personal attacks. If FritzOwl replied at all, he would generally reply once, calmly, and then just continue with what he normally does.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

roadman65

Fritzowl found himself someone who shares in his ideas.  I believe that is why.

Speaking of people who are on the annoyance list what about that one troll (I cannot say his name as he is granted moderator protection at all costs by one of them who went to a school with him) who insults new users right off the bat.  He even acts like he is God and in reality is not even is the ward of his family and does not even own or drive a vehicle, yet he cannot wait to point out a misspelled word or incorrect use of a word.  I think he is in another way worse than ethan, and has even been banned multiple times for bringing politics into this forum.

I think some may know who I am talking about.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

hotdogPi

Quote from: roadman65 on September 02, 2017, 07:17:38 PM

Speaking of people who are on the annoyance list what about that one troll (I cannot say his name as he is granted moderator protection at all costs by one of them who went to a school with him) who insults new users right off the bat.  He even acts like he is God and in reality is not even is the ward of his family and does not even own or drive a vehicle, yet he cannot wait to point out a misspelled word or incorrect use of a word.  I think he is in another way worse than ethan, and has even been banned multiple times for bringing politics into this forum.

I know exactly who you're talking about. I'm a bit surprised he didn't attack me when I was new (or really at all); he seems to go after certain people.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

1995hoo

I think the following may still be my favorite ethanman62187 post just because it's so damn unintelligible (the thread is locked, so I had to copy the post manually and that's why it doesn't look right):

https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=5440.msg119984#msg119984

QuoteQuote from: roadman65 on October 15, 2011, 13:35:11
Quote70 is good for I-95 in SC.  As far as NC being 70 it is only in two places along I-95 in NC.  Only from Kenly to the VA Border, and the Fayetteville Bypass while most of the rest of I-95 in NC is still 65.  GA did raise it from the 55 mph that was implimented from the SC Line to I-16 now to 70 about the time SC did when Clinton signed that bill  allowing states to make their own limits.

Wow, nice knowing of things about those things.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I'm having trouble thinking of any two posters who might fit that description.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Brandon

Quote from: 1995hoo on September 02, 2017, 09:57:47 PM

I know exactly who he's talking about as well.  Comments about a certain prior President regarding race ring a bell?
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

The Nature Boy

Speaking of I-366 and DC area plans, didn't FritzOwl once suggest routing an interstate highway through the National Mall or am I just imagining that?

hbelkins

Private message of explanation sent.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

1995hoo

Quote from: hbelkins on September 03, 2017, 02:28:42 PM

Private message of explanation sent.

Reply sent explaining that you didn't need to explain anything!

silverback1065

Quote from: The Nature Boy on September 02, 2017, 10:37:30 PM
Speaking of I-366 and DC area plans, didn't FritzOwl once suggest routing an interstate highway through the National Mall or am I just imagining that?

:-D i'd like to see that

sparker

Personally, I find Fritz to be useful -- as a benchmark for speculative excess -- sort of the "far field" of what can be expected from Fictional posts -- i.e., if one's proposals are not nearly as far-fetched as those of Mr. Owl, they may be in the realm of reality (if not probability).  And his refusal to engage in any confrontation regarding his ideas -- blithely offering his own explanations and continuing on unabated from there -- is, even if out of the norm for posters to this forum, to be bemused by if not commended for at least avoiding contribution to ill will among us all. 

Besides, we all need a good chuckle -- even if accompanied by a grimace or two -- every once in a while!     

cjk374

Quote from: sparker on September 03, 2017, 07:45:10 PM
... i.e., if one's proposals are not nearly as far-fetched as those of Mr. Owl....

The next words in my mind after reading this were, "How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop. The world may never know."

I am showing my age.
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

vdeane

They still had those commercials when I was young.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

1995hoo

Quote from: vdeane on September 04, 2017, 07:46:43 PM

You mean they still air them???  :bigass:

noelbotevera

Quote from: 1995hoo on September 04, 2017, 08:42:18 PM

They still air them to this day. The last time I saw that commercial was maybe 2011-2013.

1995hoo

Quote from: noelbotevera on September 04, 2017, 08:55:41 PM

They still air them to this day. The last time I saw that commercial was maybe 2011-2013.

I couldn't tell you either way because they don't advertise that sort of thing during the types of programming I watch (Nats—Marlins game is on as I type this). I was just busting vdeane's chops for saying "when I was young" with a profile that says "Age: 26."

cjk374

Quote from: 1995hoo on September 04, 2017, 09:01:36 PM
Quote from: noelbotevera on September 04, 2017, 08:55:41 PM

I couldn't tell you either way because they don't advertise that sort of thing during the types of programming I watch (Nats—Marlins game is on as I type this). I was just busting vdeane's chops for saying "when I was young" with a profile that says "Age: 26."

Oh to be 26 again! Who knew then that 26 was such an awesome age? But then again, I was the father of a 2 year old then.
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.