News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

What Kind of Illness or Spectrum has sweating?

Started by roadman65, August 29, 2017, 06:04:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

I was often wondering, as I once worked with a guy who used to sweat a lot even when the room temp was not even that hot.  He used to take things seriously, get mad real easily, and he was never happy with anything.  He often would point his finger when talking and he could never handle pressure as he would erupt and panic when faced with compromising situations.

After learning about bipolar disorder I often figured he had that, but also some Aspergers patients seemed to have some of those traits as well.  Being I am no doctor, I cannot say what he has.  So I was just curious to know if anyone here with either Autism, Bipolar, or Aspergers ever had instances of perspiration when the room temperature was normal during your everyday routines?
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

hbelkins

I sweat profusely, and have no diagnosis of any mental conditions. Some people just sweat. My brother is just like me. We inherited it from our dad. I can be sitting in a 70-degree room and will break out in a sweat. Physical activity or high temps/humidity will soak me.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

1995hoo

I think air circulation or lack thereof can make a big difference too. I'm often uncomfortably warm at work in the morning before the HVAC kicks in fully and I think it's because there's no air movement. Last night at home I felt similar until I turned on a fan–it was cool enough outside that the AC didn't run.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

roadman65

Examine the OP for a moment.  I already gave other symptoms to him that are already something of a mental illness.  Yes sweating alone is not a symptom of an illness but with anger and panic are two.  I did not mention that he was not social and everyone of my coworkers used to make fun of him as he took things seriously and misread queues.  He never dated and was one who developed crushes on girls who smiled at him.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

SectorZ

Quote from: roadman65 on September 02, 2017, 10:09:30 AM
Examine the OP for a moment.  I already gave other symptoms to him that are already something of a mental illness.  Yes sweating alone is not a symptom of an illness but with anger and panic are two.  I did not mention that he was not social and everyone of my coworkers used to make fun of him as he took things seriously and misread queues.  He never dated and was one who developed crushes on girls who smiled at him.

Adrenal gland disorder? Regulates your physical and emotional responses to stress. Could be a thousand things, but its at least a start.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.