News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

RIP Tom Petty

Started by US71, October 02, 2017, 04:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

7/8

Their Greatest Hits album is a soundtrack to my childhood road trips down to the Carolinas and Florida. Hearing those songs reminds me of driving in West Virginia, which was my favourite part of the drive.

Since then, I've bought 5 of his CD's: Damn the Torpedoes (1979), Hard Promises (1981), Full Moon Fever (1989), Into the Great Wide Open (1991), and Mojo (2010).

He may be gone, but I'll still be listening to his music; rest in peace Tom Petty.

US 41

I listen to Tom Petty's Greatest Hits CD quite a bit in my car.

It's pretty sad that he's gone now. I always wanted to see him in concert, but I guess that won't ever happen. His music is always the best for cruising down the interstate late at night. It always keeps me awake.
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

roadman65

I was looking today to play Derek and the Dominos Layla CD, when TP's Damn The Torpedos Album slipped into my hands while going through my collection.  Its like he wanted me to remember him or something.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Quote from: roadman65 on October 06, 2017, 02:40:33 PM
I was looking today to play Derek and the Dominos Layla CD, when TP's Damn The Torpedos Album slipped into my hands while going through my collection.  Its like he wanted me to remember him or something.

The song that was in my head the most yesterday was actually "Don't Do Me Like That", from the Damn the Torpedoes album.
Left for 5 months Oct 2018-Mar 2019 due to arguing in the DST thread.
Tried coming back Mar 2019.
Left again Jul 2019 due to more arguing.

1995hoo

Quote from: 20160805 on October 07, 2017, 09:51:56 AM

The song that was in my head the most yesterday was actually "Don't Do Me Like That," from the Damn the Torpedoes album.

I take it you were reading, and disagreed with, the opinions expressed in the "Favorite sex position" thread. :bigass:
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Quote from: 1995hoo on October 07, 2017, 10:32:53 AM
Quote from: 20160805 on October 07, 2017, 09:51:56 AM

The song that was in my head the most yesterday was actually "Don't Do Me Like That," from the Damn the Torpedoes album.

I take it you were reading, and disagreed with, the opinions expressed in the "Favorite fun position" thread. :bigass:

No; I just heard it on a local radio station, and I'm actually a virgin.
Left for 5 months Oct 2018-Mar 2019 due to arguing in the DST thread.
Tried coming back Mar 2019.
Left again Jul 2019 due to more arguing.

bing101

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSEuPZZymAM

Check this out here's a Korean version of Free Fallin but the songs lyrics is completely different from the Tom Petty Edition. Tom Petty's version of Free Fallin was about life in the San Fernando Valley in the 1980's.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.