News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Why don't option lane BGSs look like this???

Started by SoDakInterstateEnthusiast, September 14, 2023, 03:47:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kphoger

Quote from: wanderer2575 on September 19, 2023, 01:07:44 PM
Plus, it's on a freeway so the idea that the sign might indicate there is only one thru lane would be ludicrous and therefore doesn't even occur to me.

Interesting thought, now.  Are there any examples of where the through-freeway narrows to one lane, but the exiting movement at that point has an option lane?

I can think of examples where the through-freeway narrows to one lane, but only where the exiting movement is also a single lane.

:hmmm:
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

wanderer2575

Quote from: kphoger on September 19, 2023, 01:23:18 PM
Plus, it's on a freeway so the idea that the sign might indicate there is only one thru lane would be ludicrous and therefore doesn't even occur to me.

Interesting thought, now.  Are there any examples of where the through-freeway narrows to one lane, but the exiting movement at that point has an option lane?

If so, either the thru freeway is already one lane at that point or there will be Lane Ends signage separate from the exit signage.

CovalenceSTU

I-278 at the I-95 interchange used to be exactly that - it's still I-278 until it merges with 1-9 but until 5 years ago, there was only a single option lane to stay on it.

Although I agree there's no confusion normally about the thru freeway only having one lane, especially if the arrows are over the lanes as intended.

Daniellemil

Quote from: CovalenceSTU on September 19, 2023, 08:09:50 PM
Plus, it's on a freeway so the idea that the sign might indicate there is only one here thru lane would be ludicrous and therefore doesn't even occur to me.

I-278 at the I-95 interchange used to be exactly that - it's still I-278 until it merges with 1-9 but until 5 years ago, there was only a single option lane to stay on it.

Although I agree there's no confusion normally about the thru freeway only having one lane, especially if the arrows are over the lanes as intended.
I agree that confusion is very rare! But there are exceptions to the rules!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.