News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

West Memphis I=40/I-55/ AR 77 Improvements

Started by US71, March 27, 2023, 12:12:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

US71

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

pianocello

To follow the link, remove the "r" from the beginning of the URL when you copy-paste it. Here's a link to the pdf of the alternative: https://www.ardot.gov/wp-content/uploads/110651Design.pdf

I sure hope they're planning some bridge widening as part of this if they want to make 4 eastbound lanes fit, though even if not it seems preferable to the current situation of funneling I-40 traffic into one lane.

Also I assume the strange alignment under the Interstate between the roundabouts is due to bridge beams and/or construction staging.
Davenport, IA -> Valparaiso, IN -> Ames, IA -> Orlando, FL -> Gainesville, FL -> Evansville, IN

The Ghostbuster

They say Alternative 6 is the recommended alternative. That would add three roundabouts in the vicinity of the interchange and convert the railroad crossing into a grade-separated crossing. Are roundabouts common in Arkansas? If not, the locals may be in for a shock when the project is completed.

US71

Quote from: The Ghostbuster on March 27, 2023, 08:29:21 PM
They say Alternative 6 is the recommended alternative. That would add three roundabouts in the vicinity of the interchange and convert the railroad crossing into a grade-separated crossing. Are roundabouts common in Arkansas? If not, the locals may be in for a shock when the project is completed.

They are becoming more common but ARDOT sees to have a fetish for the like Missouri does their Diverging Diamond
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

MikieTimT

Quote from: US71 on March 27, 2023, 08:55:53 PM
Quote from: The Ghostbuster on March 27, 2023, 08:29:21 PM

They are becoming more common but ARDOT seems to have a fetish for the like Missouri does their Diverging Diamond

That's an understatement.  ARDOT is fixing to redo AR-112 over the next few years in NWA.  In the 21 miles they are upgrading to 4 lane from 2 lane across 4 different projects, they are implementing 28 roundabouts between Poplar St. in Fayetteville and near SW 41st St. in Bentonville.  To say they are serious about maintaining a 45MPH design speed for a 4 lane road across 2 counties would also be an understatement with 4 roundabouts every 3 miles on average.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.