News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Chesebro Road Signs on US 101

Started by blawp, February 11, 2012, 03:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blawp

I've always thought the empty space on this sign was weird.

I don't even see greenout to cover up "Agoura Hills". And on the actual exit sign, Agoura Hills remains in tact.

Anyone know what the deal is?

blawp

One more curiosity from the same region, does anyone have any clue what the "Fwy 23" portion of this sign said before it was green'd over?

TheStranger

I can't say for sure but I want to guess "23 North" without the freeway appellation.

Interestingly in the Bay Area (District 4) I don't notice "Fwy XX" signage - usually it's "Junction (route)" even if that route is a freeway, i.e. 880 off of 80 west/580 east and 92 off of 101.  There's one "Bayshore Freeway" advance-exit signage that was recently upgraded to retroreflective off of 280 in San Francisco but is likely an in-place replacement for an older button copy sign.

It seems the SoCal "Fwy (route number)" text is an evolution of the older - and sometimes still in use on recent signs - "freeway name/route" format, i.e. "Harbor Freeway 110".

Chris Sampang

Interstate Trav

Quote from: blawp on February 11, 2012, 03:38:04 PM
One more curiosity from the same region, does anyone have any clue what the "Fwy 23" portion of this sign said before it was green'd over?

I actually grew up right near there, and if I remember correctly it said  "23 Fwy North"  or "Jct 23 North".  I can't remember for sure, but it said something like that.

JustDrive

The NB 101 sign for Chesebro Road at Liberty Canyon has "Agoura" scraped off, but the exit itself is signed "Agoura Hills."  Having lived in the area for 25 years, I could never tell the difference between "Agoura" and "Agoura Hills."

CenVlyDave

Could "Agoura" possibly been a reference to Agoura Rd?

blawp

Chesebro road is probably the least helpful exi for accessing the bulk of Agoura Hills too.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.