News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Weed

Started by Voyager, March 31, 2009, 05:44:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voyager

Um, why is it named that?

:rolleyes:

Back From The Dead | AARoads Forum Original

J N Winkler

According to Wikipedia (that fount of all knowledge), it is named after Abner Weed, a local pioneer and lumber magnate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weed,_California
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

yanksfan6129

voyager, did you pick weed or colleg?
:sombrero:

Voyager

un1

Huh, this is certainly most interesting.. But this thread lost its life a few posts ago. 

:ninja: (He's the one to blame)
Moderator of the Canada and Off Topic boards.

Thunder Bay Expressway - Highway 61 and 11/17 Ontario - Thunder Bay, Ontario

yanksfan6129

voyager, you aren't aware of the weed or college sign outside of Weed, CA? They took it down cuz I kept getting stolen and they replaced it with something.

Voyager

yanksfan6129

^ Thaaaaaaats the one!

Hellfighter

I want to live there!  :-D

yanksfan6129

They took that sign down, though and replaced with something else. I guess they thought it got stolen too much.

yanksfan6129

Although it still says College and Weed in it, the other stuff makes it not as appealing.

Voyager

Apparently the sign hasn't been stolen since then.

Voyager

I just went to Weed and saw the sign above...

I also love their welcome sign: "Weed like to welcome you"

yanksfan6129

Voyager

donutbandit

Glad you could find a pic of that sign unblemished as that. Now, it's so covered with graffiti and stickers you can barely read it.

For the person who said he wants to live here, one winter would cure you of that. Horizontal rain and snow and 70 MPH sustained winds in most storms are no walk in the park.

Darkchylde

Quote from: donutbandit on May 29, 2009, 12:42:40 AMFor the person who said he wants to live here, one winter would cure you of that. Horizontal rain and snow and 70 MPH sustained winds in most storms are no walk in the park.
...Now I want to live there. I love harsh winters.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.