AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Author Topic: I-49 Coming to Missouri  (Read 483071 times)

mvak36

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 05:22:01 PM
Re: I-49 Coming to Missouri
« Reply #975 on: March 21, 2020, 03:57:07 PM »

They have opened the bids for the Missouri portion of the Bella Vista Bypass: https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=19531.msg2477503#msg2477503

According to this, the Notice to Proceed is April 16, 2020 and the project has to be completed by Sep 30, 2021.

Forgot about the bid opening yesterday with all this other stuff going on, but there were two bids submitted for the Bella Vista Bypass.

It looks like the next Commission meeting is on April 1 so I'm guessing that's when they would award this project.

What's the ETA for construction to begin?
The Notice to Proceed was April 16 when they posted the letting back in February. I’m not sure if this Covid19 stuff will affect the construction schedule.

iPhone
Counties: Counties visited
Travel Mapping: Summary

mvak36

« Reply #976 on: April 01, 2020, 05:48:04 PM »

Article from last week about the bids being submitted for the Bella Vista Bypass: https://www.nwaonline.com/news/2020/mar/24/missouri-has-bid-in-hand-for-interstate/.

I believe we should be finding out soon if the project is awarded. I think they have their Commission meeting today.

EDIT: Looks like it has been awarded to Emery Sapp & Sons, Inc. The project is J7P0601_A in the link.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 06:36:20 PM by mvak36 »

US71

• Road Scholar , Master of Snark

• Mad man with a camera

• Last Login: April 06, 2023, 10:39:02 PM
    • The Road Less Taken
« Reply #977 on: April 02, 2020, 11:47:02 AM »

Article from last week about the bids being submitted for the Bella Vista Bypass: https://www.nwaonline.com/news/2020/mar/24/missouri-has-bid-in-hand-for-interstate/.

I believe we should be finding out soon if the project is awarded. I think they have their Commission meeting today.

EDIT: Looks like it has been awarded to Emery Sapp & Sons, Inc. The project is J7P0601_A in the link.

Pretty much a given since they had the lowest bid. Now it's official, at least.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

mvak36

« Reply #978 on: April 02, 2020, 11:51:53 AM »

Yeah for sure. Hopefully there won’t be too many weather delays and they finish by the end of next September.

US71

• Mad man with a camera

• The Road Less Taken
« Reply #979 on: April 02, 2020, 12:00:52 PM »

Yeah for sure. Hopefully there won’t be too many weather delays and they finish by the end of next September.

I think weather is the least of their concerns right now.

mvak36

« Reply #980 on: April 02, 2020, 04:46:27 PM »

MODOT News Release: https://www.modot.org/node/18329

https://www.nwaonline.com/news/2020/apr/02/end-in-sight-for-completing-i-49-around/

BENTONVILLE -- Missouri highway officials Wednesday approved a plan to complete their remaining portion of the Bella Vista Bypass, also known as the I-49 Missouri/Arkansas Connector.

"The Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission, at its meeting on Wednesday, April 1, awarded a project to construct the final five miles of I-49 in Missouri between Pineville and the Missouri/Arkansas state line in McDonald County," the Missouri Department of Transportation said in a press release Thursday.

The project was awarded to Emery Sapp & Sons Inc., of Columbia, Mo., for $58.7 million. Construction is expected to begin in late April or early May with completion by Sept. 30, 2021. The company has built several other portions of Interstate 49 and the bypass.

A new interchange will built at Missouri Route 90 west of Jane. The new road will be a four-lane, limited access highway built to interstate standards.

The Northwest Arkansas Regional Planning Commission got a $25 million federal grant in December 2018 and gave the money to Missouri in order to complete I-49. The I-49 Missouri project is in the regional planning commission's planning area.

The goal is for Arkansas and Missouri to each build their portions of the road and then meet at the state line in late 2021, or early 2022 at the latest, according to regional planners. The completed 19-mile connector will allow motorists to circumvent Bella Vista to the west and south on new four-lane interstate.

The project has been discussed for 25 or 30 years and is considered a priority by Northwest Arkansas and federal transportation officials. The Northwest Arkansas Council, a group of area civic and business leaders, prioritized completion of the I-49 Missouri-Arkansas Connector, describing it as one of the region's most important projects.

A lack of money for the missing section had been delaying completion of the 278-mile section of interstate between Fort Smith and Kansas City, Mo. Bella Vista is now the only stretch where traffic has to leave I-49, on to U.S. 71, to continue traveling north or south. Allowing motorists to bypass Bella Vista, and its multiple traffic signals, should reduce travel times and improve safety, planners have said.

Arkansas officials broke ground in October on two sections needed to fill missing links on the Arkansas side.

The two projects are the last 2.5 miles from Hiwasse to the state line and a single-point urban interchange to replace the roundabout at I-49 and U.S. 71 in north Bentonville where the new highway heads west. The estimated cost of the projects is just more than $100 million.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 05:01:27 PM by mvak36 »

MikieTimT

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 03:39:18 PM
« Reply #981 on: April 03, 2020, 09:55:38 AM »

As long as they don't have Stay at Home orders, the construction industry should be one where social distancing should be fairly easy to maintain, as long as there aren't 2 supervisors looking over the shoulder of each worker.

ozarkman417

• The "Living, breathing GPS".

• Last Login: March 17, 2024, 11:52:44 PM
« Reply #982 on: April 03, 2020, 04:45:24 PM »

As long as they don't have Stay at Home orders, the construction industry should be one where social distancing should be fairly easy to maintain, as long as there aren't 2 supervisors looking over the shoulder of each worker.
At the time of writing this, Missouri and Arkansas do not have statewide Stay-at-Home orders.

US71

• Mad man with a camera

• The Road Less Taken
« Reply #983 on: April 03, 2020, 10:36:00 PM »

At the time of writing this, Missouri and Arkansas do not have statewide Stay-at-Home orders.

Speak of the Devil

skluth

• Last Login: February 20, 2024, 03:35:22 PM
« Reply #984 on: April 05, 2020, 09:27:32 PM »

Guess which states will have the last coronavirus outbreaks?

MikieTimT

« Reply #985 on: April 06, 2020, 11:53:54 AM »

It's probably coming here as well, but at least in my area, we've been mostly operating "Stay at Home" anyway other than going out for walks and necessary trips to the store.  I spent the first week of the outbreak preparing most of my clients to work from home, and for the most part, they have been for the last couple of weeks.  Any large increases in numbers will likely come from greater testing availability and capacity rather than actual outbreak increases.  I've seen tons of people fishing anytime I've been out and crossed creeks in the area, which enforces social distancing anyway, else your lines get tangled!

X99

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 11:22:54 AM
« Reply #986 on: April 07, 2020, 11:52:04 AM »

South Dakota closed everything short of McDonalds when the number of infected in the state made it all the way up to 7.
why are there only like 5 people on this forum from south dakota

ozarkman417

« Reply #987 on: April 17, 2020, 04:18:22 PM »

MoDOT Southwest District's Instagram says construction of the bypass will begin the week of 4/20blazeit.

According to the post, the only major traffic impact will be the closure of MO-90 near the future interchange in July for over 100 days.

US71

• Mad man with a camera

• The Road Less Taken
« Reply #988 on: April 17, 2020, 04:24:32 PM »

MoDOT Southwest District's Instagram says construction of the bypass will begin the week of 4/20blazeit.

According to the post, the only major traffic impact will be the closure of MO-90 near the future interchange in July for over 100 days.

That's the only unbuilt interchange along 49 in Missouri. Once they get going, I'll have to go up and "inspect" ;)

MikieTimT

« Reply #989 on: April 18, 2020, 12:04:57 PM »

That's the only unbuilt interchange along 49 in Missouri. Once they get going, I'll have to go up and "inspect" ;)

Other than the north end of the bypass.  I guess that would be considered partially built, though.  They will have to do a northbound flyover where they blasted that hill just to the south of the US-71 exit.  And some bridging or massive roadbed build-up right of the current stub end on the southbound lanes.

msunat97

• Last Login: June 30, 2023, 07:43:36 PM
« Reply #990 on: September 14, 2020, 12:56:41 PM »

Any new info on the construction progress of I-49?  Does anyone know if the work started on time or how COVID has impacted the schedule? 

ozarkman417

« Reply #991 on: September 14, 2020, 01:41:57 PM »

I'll be headed down there at the end of the week, on my way to the Mena, AR area (this could change). I won't be seeing the MO construction, save the very north end, but will be driving what has been built and opened in AR.

US71

• Mad man with a camera

• The Road Less Taken
« Reply #992 on: September 14, 2020, 01:43:55 PM »

Any new info on the construction progress of I-49?  Does anyone know if the work started on time or how COVID has impacted the schedule? 

MODOT is working on their end even as I type this.   I received a message this morning via Twitter

Southbound I-49 reduced to one lane between Goodin Hollow Rd and Sugar Valley Circle near #Pineville from 7 a.m-7 p.m. Wed-Fri, Sept 16-18 as crews drill in preparation for the new flyover bridge.

msunat97

« Reply #993 on: September 14, 2020, 03:58:20 PM »

Thanks US71.

US71

• Mad man with a camera

• The Road Less Taken
« Reply #994 on: October 26, 2020, 05:11:06 PM »

I-49 Construction Update from MoDOT SW Region

TRAFFIC ALERT: Missouri Route 90 CLOSED for Up to 71 Days in McDonald County Beginning Nov. 2

What/Where: Missouri Route 90 CLOSED east of Noel and west of Jane for construction of new I-49 bridge over Route 90

When: 8 a.m. Monday, November 2 for up to 71 days

Traffic Impacts:

All lanes of Route 90 CLOSED where new I-49 interchange bridge is being built
    Drivers will have access to driveways and entrances on either end of the closure but will not be able to drive through the work zone
    Drivers will be directed to use a signed detour of McDonald County Route H, I-49, U.S. Route 71 and Missouri Route 90
    Signs and message boards will alert drivers to work zone

STLmapboy

• Last Login: January 14, 2024, 01:26:07 AM
« Reply #995 on: October 29, 2020, 01:20:36 PM »

Is Arkansas at work on their portion between the current AR-549 terminus and the MO line?

Also, this work in MO stretches from the AR border north, right?
Teenage STL area roadgeek.
Missouri>>>>>Illinois

US71

• Mad man with a camera

• The Road Less Taken
« Reply #996 on: October 29, 2020, 01:27:17 PM »

Is Arkansas at work on their portion between the current AR-549 terminus and the MO line?

Also, this work in MO stretches from the AR border north, right?

Yes and yes. ARDOT has been working on upgrading 549 (I-49) for several months, but Missouri just now got their funding. This should complete 49 to Pineville, MO.

msunat97

« Reply #997 on: January 15, 2021, 11:03:00 AM »

Any new updates on this work?  The 71 days for the closure of MO Rte 90 should be up.  I drove down I49 into Arkansas at Christmas, but it was dark by the time that we reached the area where the interstate ends.  I was able to see some new temporary concrete barriers setup where the interstate will continue South in the new alignment.

US71

• Mad man with a camera

• The Road Less Taken
« Reply #998 on: January 16, 2021, 05:57:55 PM »

Any new updates on this work?  The 71 days for the closure of MO Rte 90 should be up.  I drove down I49 into Arkansas at Christmas, but it was dark by the time that we reached the area where the interstate ends.  I was able to see some new temporary concrete barriers setup where the interstate will continue South in the new alignment.

I know Missouri has had some snow and ice, but I don't know if that has affected construction.  Last update I saw is they are still blowing up the hillside in the vicinity of Pineville near the 71/49 "split".  If the weather is good, I may try to check things out this next week.

MikieTimT

« Reply #999 on: January 16, 2021, 06:25:16 PM »

MO-90 was still closed last weekend when I took a drive from Fayetteville to Noel, MO and MO-76/US-160/MO/AR-125 across southern MO to the Peel Ferry and back.  Had to use the King's Highway (MO-H) to bypass construction still.  Drove AR-549 today for work.  The base layer of asphalt down on the northbound lanes the whole way to the first AR-72 exit northbound.  Still working on the bridge over McKissic Creek, but it's starting to look like it was always meant to be now.  Arkansas is looking like they'll be able to open all the lanes long before Missouri can meet them.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.