News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Jerry’s Artarama now open in Jacksonville, FL

Started by kevinb1994, February 22, 2022, 05:26:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevinb1994

https://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/article/jerrys-artarama-opens-at-tinseltown

This was a Performance Bike shop. It was apparently a headquarters originally (for David Gates Golf), hence the design of the building. That would be quite a transformation if you were to ask me.

On the subject of the store itself, it has two different Art Supply and Framing Wholesale Clubs, one in Miami and one in Greensboro, NC. The headquarters are in Raleigh, where the company moved to from Long Island (they had first opened in Great Neck, NY, right outside of Queens, in the town of North Hempstead, in 1968), and there's an additional Florida location in Deerfield Beach. Interestingly enough I'm in the Deerwood section of town which is right near this new location.

Scott5114

Why would someone who is not in Jacksonville be interested in this business? (Especially as it appears to be a chain, so what makes the one in Jacksonville any more interesting than the others?)
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

kevinb1994

Quote from: Scott5114 on February 22, 2022, 05:41:08 AM
Why would someone who is not in Jacksonville be interested in this business? (Especially as it appears to be a chain, so what makes the one in Jacksonville any more interesting than the others?)
There is always going to be people from around the area coming to the store, not just from the city itself (the store would not only serve Jacksonville, which is within a consolidated city-county, but also unincorporated northern St. Johns County to the south of it, given its location on the Southside of town). It's not that big of a chain so it serves more of a arts niche than other, bigger, chains. Especially Michaels, for example. Remember that Michaels is more of a craft store (I had used it for at least one science class competition while in high school-balsam wood is a good use for some physics class projects), which is not really the same type of store that Jerry's is, nor would ever be. Michaels was also once a public company, while Jerry's has never gone public, and probably never will.

Scott5114

Okay, I'll rephrase. Most of us who are reading this forum aren't in St. Johns County. Why would anyone in another time zone be interested in the Jacksonville branch of Jerry's Artarama?

kevinb1994

Quote from: Scott5114 on February 22, 2022, 06:09:23 AM
Okay, I'll rephrase. Most of us who are reading this forum aren't in St. Johns County. Why would anyone in another time zone be interested in the Jacksonville branch of Jerry's Artarama?
There are stores in Arizona (Tempe, outside of Phoenix), Tennessee (Nashville), and Texas (Texas has three, in Austin, Houston, and San Antonio) ...maybe more in more states could open. Aside from the one in Fort Collins, Colorado, which technically isn't a Jerry's, despite being an affiliate.

I will note that this Jerry's in Jacksonville is similar to the one in Virginia Beach, as both locations are on a boulevard, in addition to Virginia Beach also being a consolidated city-county. I will note that Southside Boulevard, the street that this Jerry's is located on, is rather similar to a portion of Military Highway in neighboring Norfolk.

Scott5114

Okay, you're not getting it.

Why would this be interesting to anyone on this forum that isn't you?

kevinb1994

Quote from: Scott5114 on February 22, 2022, 06:52:01 AM
Okay, you're not getting it.

Why would this be interesting to anyone on this forum that isn't you?
Maybe you're right, but I'm not sure why we're going back and forth on the matter of this being suitable for a forum.

Scott5114

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.