News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

MD Speed Camera Contractor Changes Vehicles

Started by MASTERNC, August 31, 2011, 04:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MASTERNC

I drove from Baltimore to DC via both Beltways and I-95 and went through 4 speed camera work zones in each direction.  There were cameras in nearly all of them (in two, there were cameras in each direction), with most of them the typical white Jeep SUVs.  However, returning on I-95 North near the ICC, there was a camera tripod that was not in front of a Jeep.  Instead, there was a white Ford sedan off to the side. 

I wanted to make sure others know it appears you can't just look for the Jeep anymore.

agentsteel53

there's absolutely no way in Hell I would've known to look for the Jeep. 
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

froggie

Or, easier yet, just don't go more than 10 over the limit.  Speed limit on the I-95 ICC zone is 65 MPH.  Per state law, they can't ticket you unless you're going at least 77.

Brandon

Have them take a picture of the birdie as you go by.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

hbelkins

I presume they operate on radar, and a good detector (like the V1) would alert you to their presence?

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

MASTERNC

Quote from: hbelkins on August 31, 2011, 11:50:09 PM
I presume they operate on radar, and a good detector (like the V1) would alert you to their presence?

They actually operate with LIDAR (not sure how since you have to aim at the target unless it's just a bunch of lasers) but the speed monitors prior to the vehicles run on radar.  My Beltronics detector has barely picked up the laser but the V1 supposedly does much better (per Youtube tests).

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.