News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

1962 Chicago Area Transportation Plan

Started by Revive 755, March 06, 2009, 02:57:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revive 755

http://www.cmap.illinois.gov/uploadedFiles/planning_activities/transportation/sp2030/historic/CATSPlan_1962.pdf (Large PDF)

Notes/pages of interest:
* (Page 66/154):  1939 highway Plan

* (Page 69/154):  1946 highway Plan

* (Page 70/154):  It appears I-65 was originally planned to go around Lafayette, IN on the west side.  In addition, I-69 appears to have undergone an alignment change from the yellow book map so it still kind of followed the US 36 corridor, but would intersect I-70 east of I-465.

* ( Page82/154):  Recommended highway plan

Southern Illinois SKYWARN

That is rather interesting.  I ran across this once before, but didn't look through the whole document, so I didn't see the recommended highway plan, I almost wonder if this ever given any real thought, I could certainly a few of the proposal being helpful, such as the freeway between the Tri-Sate and I-57.

njroadhorse

That freeway between the Chicago Skyway and Des Plaines near O'Har would have helped sooo much it's unbelievable. 
NJ Roads FTW!
Quote from: agentsteel53 on September 30, 2009, 04:04:11 PM
I-99... the Glen Quagmire of interstate routes??

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.