2013 Brick/Wall, NJ meet

Started by Alps, May 03, 2013, 04:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alps

Facebook page is up, RSVPs are open, while it's on my mind. Or reply to this thread.

June 29, 11:30 AM - Quaker Steak & Lube, Brick, NJ

GSP Interchange 88/89 construction, CR 528 and NJ 13 drawbridges, CR 528/549 surface cloverleaf, NJ 18/138 stub, all followed by a Lakewood BlueClaws baseball game.

https://www.facebook.com/events/393531500760643/

Roadgeek Adam

Heh I get to a Quaker Steak and Lube.

Pardoning anything changing, I am in.
Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

PHLBOS

Maybe at the moment.  Might be able to do the meet but not the game.  I will update later.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

dgolub

How late is it planned to go?  If it doesn't go too late, I might be able to make it work.

Duke87

Totally in, and did someone say baseball game?
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

Alps

Quote from: dgolub on May 03, 2013, 07:13:08 PM
How late is it planned to go?  If it doesn't go too late, I might be able to make it work.
Oh, you can leave at any point during the tour if needed. The meet should be getting back to the restaurant in the 5-5:30 window, but it's easy to plan if you need to leave sooner. You may not be the only one.

Takumi

I put "maybe" on Facebook, but it's very unlikely.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

WillWeaverRVA

Probably not going to have time, given that I'm about to switch jobs and have to budget my time off differently.
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

dgolub

Quote from: Steve on May 03, 2013, 10:08:16 PM
Quote from: dgolub on May 03, 2013, 07:13:08 PM
Oh, you can leave at any point during the tour if needed. The meet should be getting back to the restaurant in the 5-5:30 window, but it's easy to plan if you need to leave sooner. You may not be the only one.

The reason I'm asking is that I don't own a car and would be taking the bus to get there and back from Manhattan, which appears to be a nontrivial trip, so I'd probably want to be heading back by around 5:00 or so if I were to do it.

Laura

Best 26th birthday ever! I'm in :)

SSOWorld

Totally out - would have to be a trans-continental flight now. :(
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Janko Dialnice

I was invited to get together a friend who I haven't seen in several years, on that particular weekend. He lives in Springfield, MA, and according to Google Maps, that is 3.5 hours under perfect conditions. That means that at best, I will be arriving at his place around 8:30 PM. Impossible for me.

Takumi

Out. If I'm going to any meet on the 29th, it's going to be a Prelude meet on the Outer Banks :sombrero:
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Dr Frankenstein

Maybeeee for now. I'll have a three (and possibly four) day weekend but I tend to celebrate Canada Day in Ottawa...

Dougtone

I was hoping to make it to this meet, but one of my friends rescheduled his bachelor party to the same weekend, and I've decided to go to the bachelor party instead now that it's also been moved from Las Vegas to Boston.

jpi

Wish I could go guys but have to work that whole weekend and will be preping for my BIG road trip in July to New Mexico VIA St Louis, Iowa, Nebraska, Colorado and four corners.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

vdeane

Just booked the hotels, so no backing out now.  Staying in Newburgh Friday night and near Trenton Saturday night.  Was thinking of driving back via NYC - how bad is traffic likely to be on a Sunday morning?
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

dgolub

Quote from: vdeane on June 09, 2013, 12:26:44 AM
Just booked the hotels, so no backing out now.  Staying in Newburgh Friday night and near Trenton Saturday night.  Was thinking of driving back via NYC - how bad is traffic likely to be on a Sunday morning?

Probably not too bad on a Sunday morning.  Just don't try it on a weekday morning.  Were you planning to go through Manhattan or just take some of the highways in the city?

Alps

Interested in the ballgame?

vdeane

Quote from: Steve on June 09, 2013, 02:28:16 PM
Interested in the ballgame?
They're not really my thing; I'll probably explore some roads around Trenton since that's where my hotel for the night is.
Quote from: dgolub on June 09, 2013, 10:48:32 AM

Probably not too bad on a Sunday morning.  Just don't try it on a weekday morning.  Were you planning to go through Manhattan or just take some of the highways in the city?
Just interstates.  Thinking of possibly leaving at 9 AM on Sunday, or would 8 AM be better?

I have a link to the Sunday trip.  Hopefully NYC traffic won't be too bad that day.
http://goo.gl/maps/gJSaF

(link shortened)
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Duke87

For the time being I would avoid driving any roads in The Bronx towards the GWB like the plague. With the current state of construction at the 87/95 interchange, expect to sit in traffic for an hour or more on the Cross Bronx westbound and for a good half hour at least on the Deegan northbound (or southbound, but that's not on your route). If you want to clinch the Cross Bronx, do it going east (won't be nearly as bad) and don't head back.

If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

hbelkins

I drove the Cross Bronx westbound a few years ago on a Sunday morning (around 7 a.m.) and had no issues whatsoever.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

dgolub

The Cross Bronx Expressway is generally a traffic disaster at any time of the day.  You can sometimes get lucky, but don't expect to ever make it down that highway without a traffic jam.  My father used to make trips from Long Island to Pennsylvania where he left at something like 5:00 AM and he went through Manhattan even at that hour to avoid it!

Roadgeek Adam

Quote from: dgolub on June 10, 2013, 08:35:42 AM
The Cross Bronx Expressway is generally a traffic disaster at any time of the day.  You can sometimes get lucky, but don't expect to ever make it down that highway without a traffic jam.  My father used to make trips from Long Island to Pennsylvania where he left at something like 5:00 AM and he went through Manhattan even at that hour to avoid it!

Saturday mornings are equally as nice. We've done it before, many times on Saturday morning.
Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

Alps

Quote from: dgolub on June 10, 2013, 08:35:42 AM
I've made it through just fine at 11 PM westbound on a Sunday night.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.