News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

BUSINESS US 77/ 377 New Sign Error in Denton

Started by Brian556, November 02, 2018, 09:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian556

This sign south read SOUTH not BUSINESS.

Historical photos show BUSINESS US 77 signage on the square. However, old maps do not show the business route. I haven't been able to find any evidence of it in the Highway Designation Files either.

In the 80's, Locust St, which is one way north, was signed NORTH 77 377. Elm St, which is one way south, was signed BUSINESS 77 377. Obviously that made no sense. The BUSINESS signage was no longer there by the 90's. After a recent widening project on US 380, a brand new incorrect BUSINESS 77 377 ---> assembly was installed at Elm St. In the photo, also note the California-style NO LEFT OR U-TURN combination sign. This is the first time that I have seen this sign used in Texas

10.28.2018_EB_US_380 by Brian Kosich, on Flickr

txstateends

I've seen the no-u/no-left combo sign in Plano before, and maybe somewhere else.  They are pretty rare, though.
\/ \/ click for a bigger image \/ \/

jlwm

Quote from: txstateends on November 03, 2018, 01:19:33 PM
I've seen the no-u/no-left combo sign in Plano before, and maybe somewhere else.  They are pretty rare, though.
There's one on S. Main at OST in Houston. https://goo.gl/maps/2yBXWPqBaTQ2

M C Toyer

Quote from: Brian556 on November 02, 2018, 09:24:04 PM

Historical photos show BUSINESS US 77 signage on the square. However, old maps do not show the business route.

On the 1960 and 1973 editions of the USGS 7.5 Minute West Denton Sheet the old US 77 route near present Loop 288 North is labeled ALT 77 within the federal shield.  On the adjoining Sanger Sheet it is labeled BR 77.  On the Denton maps So Elm Street is labeled 377 within the shield.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.