News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Highway Talk / Re: What's the Closest Interst...
Last post by thspfc - Today at 10:04:51 AM
Either I-88 (IL) or I-280 (IL/IA)
Off-Topic / Re: Minor things that bother y...
Last post by Max Rockatansky - Today at 09:35:28 AM
Horse people in general have issues with roads.  We have video of Horse Eye's thought process while pondering initiating the latest purge of road related articles on Wikipedia.

Great Lakes and Ohio Valley / Re: Ohio
Last post by seicer - Today at 09:28:55 AM
I think NYSDOT's rural highways tend to be better landscaped than others - but some of those efforts were because of budget cuts to grass cuttings. I can't find the article that supports that, but NYSDOT found a benefit in reducing mowings of its wide right-of-ways in allowing natural grasses and wildflowers to flourish.
Last post by Big John - Today at 09:22:08 AM
Quote from: D-Dey65 on Today at 09:08:07 AMDoes anybody know anything about the feud between "AAARoads" and "Horse Eye's Back" on Wikipedia? Because "Horse Eye's Back" is tagging a lot of articles as not meeting the General Notability Guidelines, even lists of roads.
What does the third A stand for?
Mountain West / Re: US 93 In Arizona Progress
Last post by DJStephens - Today at 09:20:12 AM
Quote from: splashflash on April 24, 2024, 09:30:51 AMThe design for an interchange was completed four years ago for Pierce Ferry Road

https://azdot.gov/planning/transportation-studies/us-93-pierce-ferry-road-feasibility-study
May have mentioned this before, but quite bizarre.  The idea to build a "half interchange", instead on building the whole thing at once.  Is that what "T1" stands for, a half assed attempt?  Seems stupid to get a contract let again, spend more later, get a contractor out to the remote site again, later, to build the rest of the interchange when they feel like it.  Almost seems as if Pete Rahn has his grimy hands into the design.   At least no skewing or shifting of mainllines appears present.   
Off-Topic / Re: The GPT thread
Last post by D-Dey65 - Today at 09:13:55 AM
Last post by D-Dey65 - Today at 09:08:07 AM
Does anybody know anything about the feud between "AAARoads" and "Horse Eye's Back" on Wikipedia? Because "Horse Eye's Back" is tagging a lot of articles as not meeting the General Notability Guidelines, even lists of roads.
Southeast / Re: Interstate 73/74
Last post by sprjus4 - Today at 08:52:40 AM
Quote from: TheStranger on Today at 01:43:59 AMI-40/I-840/I-85 in eastern Greensboro, I-40 east from the Death Valley section does not have any ramp to 85 south
Uhh...
https://maps.app.goo.gl/1z2Um1WecUauYyGB8?g_st=ic
https://maps.app.goo.gl/BdVMxyTUqYCvCQpv9?g_st=ic
the Mexico to Canada thing was more of a gimmick to get it built at all. A lot of us have already said on here that it will likely never be built in anyone's lifetimes  :-D
Traffic Control / Re: 1-2-3 Route number Additio...
Last post by formulanone - Today at 08:13:35 AM
1464 = 595 + 869 on I-75 in Weston, Florida:

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.