News:

why is this up in the corner now

Main Menu

Is there any unusual billboards in Ohio?

Started by roadman65, May 12, 2024, 09:13:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

Not saying any billboards unusual like Bucees or some business using crazy ad tactics, but one in particular. Someone posted it on social media but could be a doctored photo to stir up tempers as the ad is a paid group effort to smear a celebrity.  I'm not going say who as some would react real badly to its nature to get this locked.

Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

mgk920

I remember one from a raodtrip  couple of decades ago on EB I-90 a bit east of downtown Cleveland, OH that showed an image of Bill Clinton with a thoughtful look on his face surrounded by the images of several young women. I found it to be so funny that I almost drove off of the freeway.  (I'm still kicking myself, too, for not getting a photo of it.)

Mike

amroad17

I don't need a GPS.  I AM the GPS! (for family and friends)

roadman65

Quote from: amroad17 on May 13, 2024, 01:01:27 AMhttps://maps.app.goo.gl/MrEg6iskMA8ob84p9

Maybe not "unusual" but just different.
Not the one, but different for sure. It's probably a Born Again Group at it as many I have seen plenty of them here and there as well.

The one has a female picture on it who is married to someone big.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Scott5114

It would be difficult to tell how large the spouse of a woman on a billboard is if he or she did not also appear on the billboard. But if the spouse did appear on the billboard, it would be difficult to tell that was her spouse simply because they were on the billboard together.

In any event, I haven't heard of any billboards featuring unusually large spouses.

You might be out of luck here.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

hotdogPi

It would probably be easier to look up if you said who the people on the billboard were.
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 35, 40, 107, 109, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

Lowest untraveled: 25

Scott5114

Quote from: hotdogPi on May 13, 2024, 09:00:16 PMIt would probably be easier to look up if you said who the people on the billboard were.

Most billboards have people on them that are just actors paid to appear in stock photography. So it is unlikely that the names of the people on the billboard are known. It's just that one person on the billboard is female, and the other is large and appears to be (but may not actually be) her husband or wife.

hotdogPi

Quote from: Scott5114 on May 13, 2024, 09:05:36 PM
Quote from: hotdogPi on May 13, 2024, 09:00:16 PMIt would probably be easier to look up if you said who the people on the billboard were.

Most billboards have people on them that are just actors paid to appear in stock photography. So it is unlikely that the names of the people on the billboard are known. It's just that one person on the billboard is female, and the other is large and appears to be (but may not actually be) her husband or wife.

roadman65 says he knows exactly who it is but won't say it most likely because it's a current politician.
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 35, 40, 107, 109, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

Lowest untraveled: 25

Scott5114

No, he wouldn't do that, because that'd be silly, so we need not even contemplate that.

A billboard using this stock photo would meet his criteria if you assume the women are married.

amroad17

Quote from: roadman65 on May 13, 2024, 07:52:39 AM
Quote from: amroad17 on May 13, 2024, 01:01:27 AMhttps://maps.app.goo.gl/MrEg6iskMA8ob84p9

Maybe not "unusual" but just different.
Not the one, but different for sure. It's probably a Born Again Group at it as many I have seen plenty of them here and there as well.

The one has a female picture on it who is married to someone big.
I didn't realize that you were looking for a specific billboard.  I believed that this was a general topic instead of more of a specific one. 

I don't need a GPS.  I AM the GPS! (for family and friends)

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

LilianaUwU

I read the title of this thread and all I could think about is this:

"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

Road Hog

Sorry, I don't get the point of this thread without a name or an image. Rip the Band-Aid off. We're big boys/girls.

Henry

Not just in the Buckeye State, they're everywhere.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

DandyDan

There's the Hell Is Real billboard on I-71 which lends its name to the soccer rivalry between Cincinnati and Columbus.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell_Is_Real_derby
MORE FUN THAN HUMANLY THOUGHT POSSIBLE

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.