News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Artwork on Sanborn maps title pages

Started by 6a, September 10, 2011, 11:52:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

6a

Came across a post the other day featuring assorted title pages from the fire insurance maps made by the Sanborn Map Co.  I'd browsed the online Ohio collection made available by my local library and thought "these are well made" but I never gave a thought to looking at other cities.  As noted in the linked post it would appear each city had unique artwork.  One that isn't featured is Columbus;

Thought the map guys here might enjoy!

Brandon

Heh.  I run across these in my work, usually while reviewing a phase I environmental site assessment.  Sanborns are used in those all the time.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.