News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

New State-Name Interstate Shields in Texas

Started by Brian556, May 28, 2013, 02:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian556

This was mentioned in another thread that Texas is going back to putting TEXAS in it's Interstate shields. I found a few brand-new HIP-sheeted INTERSTATE TEXAS 35E signs on the northbound frontage road in Carrollton.

agentsteel53

excellent; thank you for the Dallas observation!  Jeff Royston has spotted new state-named I-10 and I-69 in the Houston area.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

bassoon1986

I'll have to snag pics of the new 635 state named shields, too. Mostly east and south of the Hi-5. Also, probably not brand new but there are a couple on I-20 I think WB between Tyler and Van.

Brian556

Of course, there are several older state-name shields on I-35E in the Lewisville area; these are on Valley Ridge Blvd:

Also, there's this one on I-635:

ethanhopkin14

I mentioned in my post about road trippin down The two Houston area Interstate 69s that there are a few neutered I-69 shields.  It was odd to me because I thought the reinstituting of state shields started with the I-69 project. I gues the few neutered were the first produced before they decided to return to state shields. Funny, I felt the same, that I was surprised that Texas would ever stop writing Texas on anything.

ethanhopkin14

I took of picture of the END shield of the Interstate 69 69E in Corpus Christi, and I noticed it is neutered.  One of the very few I-69 shields that is not a state shield.

Scott5114

Does anyone familiar with TxDOT know if there is a spec document available supporting/requiring the use of the state name?
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Henry

It's amazing that state-name shields are still being made today!
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.