News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Error when logging in

Started by vdeane, January 02, 2018, 12:36:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vdeane

I tried to login from the top of main page just a few minutes ago and I keep getting the error "Your session timed out while posting. Please go back and try again.".  I have to login from the secondary page now.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

kphoger

The same happened to me today.  I also had to change the "stay logged in for..." setting.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

SignGeek101

Quote from: vdeane on January 02, 2018, 12:36:33 PM
I tried to login from the top of main page just a few minutes ago and I keep getting the error "Your session timed out while posting. Please go back and try again.".  I have to login from the secondary page now.

I also got this. Wouldn't have known to try the other page until you said it worked.

US71

I discovered this last night and alerted the Admins. It appears to be a glitch in the latest upgrade. I also noticed one complaint via Twitter.

I've had to sign in through the Moderators' page, then I have no problems.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

okc1

Same here. Could login through the login link on the options bar, but not through the grey button.
Steve Reynolds
Midwest City OK
Native of Southern Erie Co, NY

adventurernumber1

I have also had the same problem today. I have been forced to use the login set-up with the time limit as well, as a result.
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

US 89

I have had the same problem ever since the forum update Sunday morning. Also, at one point I was getting a different error message, but now I just get the same "your session timed out while posting" error.

hotdogPi

I haven't had that problem at all.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

pdx-wanderer

I experienced this problem when trying to login on my phone, but not my computer, if that's anything.

1995hoo

Quote from: 1 on January 02, 2018, 07:18:57 PM
I haven't had that problem at all.

Me either. Have not had to log in since I don't know when.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Hurricane Rex

The only time I've had that problem is when I had the log in screen on a tab for 12 hours without doing anything to it.
ODOT, raise the speed limit and fix our traffic problems.

Road and weather geek for life.

Running till I die.

jp the roadgeek

Just had the maintenance mode until about 11:00 AM ET Sunday, but clear sailing since.
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

rickmastfan67

I know of a possible fix that I'll attempt to apply later tonight.  Maybe it will fix this issue you all are having.  I'll let you all know once it's applied.

Henry

Quote from: okc1 on January 02, 2018, 02:23:47 PM
Same here. Could login through the login link on the options bar, but not through the grey button.
Finally made it on through the options feature as well!
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

rickmastfan67

All 3 themes patched (do a 'force refresh to make sure you have the updated file').  If it doesn't work, I would recommend the following as a temporary work around:

1. Profile -> Modify Profile -> Look and Layout
2. click 'change' beside "Button Copy 2.0"
3. Then select 'SMF Default Theme - Curve'.
4. Log out.
5. Log back in and remember to select 'forever' if it's your personal PC
6. And then do steps 1 & 2 again and then select "Forum or Board Default".

That might get you permanently logged back in again.

rickmastfan67

So, I'm assuming the people there were having this problem are now no longer having it since I applied the fix?

adventurernumber1

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on January 06, 2018, 01:13:42 AM
So, I'm assuming the people there were having this problem are now no longer having it since I applied the fix?

I purposely logged out and then logged back in just now to test it out, and it seems that, at least for me right now, the problem is no longer occurring.

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

LM117

Quote from: adventurernumber1 on January 06, 2018, 01:19:55 AM

I purposely logged out and then logged back in just now to test it out, and it seems that, at least for me right now, the problem is no longer occurring.

Same here.
“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

okc1

Quote from: LM117 on January 06, 2018, 03:26:44 AM
Quote from: adventurernumber1 on January 06, 2018, 01:19:55 AM

Same here.
Same here.
Steve Reynolds
Midwest City OK
Native of Southern Erie Co, NY

US71

no problems from what I can see

vdeane

Haven't seen the issue since.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

kphoger

No issue.  And I log in every day because I use this site on an incognito window, which means it doesn't "remember me".
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

US71

Quote from: kphoger on January 08, 2018, 01:31:26 PM
No issue.  And I log in every day because I use this site on an incognito window, which means it doesn't "remember me".

Who are you? ;)

kphoger

Quote from: US71 on January 08, 2018, 01:42:07 PM
Quote from: kphoger on January 08, 2018, 01:31:26 PM

Who are you? ;)

sssshhhhhhh
Male pronouns, please.

MNHighwayMan

I tried logging out and logging back in just for novelty's sake. Can confirm it worked.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.