News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

I-44/US-75 Interchange Reconstruction(Tulsa)

Started by Plutonic Panda, October 28, 2017, 03:29:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott5114

Quote from: CoreySamson on November 08, 2022, 10:00:45 PM
This interchange's temporary configuration has (or at least had) some of the jankiest merges that I've ever seen on a freeway (stop signs on the loop ramps, unclear cone placement, etc.).

That's par for the course for Oklahoma work zones. I-235/I-44 and the I-35 six-laning in Norman were both notorious for ramps that suddenly ended at a merge-or-die concrete wall. I myself got into two accidents at the latter.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

splashflash

How,about Traffic Henge?

https://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news/as-construction-stalls-tulsans-refer-to-i-44-75-project-as-traffic-henge

With phase one of the I-44 and Highway 75 construction project complete and next phases not underway, there are now several ramp beams–but no roads on top of the beams.

Leave it up to an artist like Tulsan Steve Liggett to find an alternate and humorous view of its current look.

"We thought, "this is just like Stonehenge but it's in Tulsa... so Traffic Henge?"  he said, referring to when he and his partner drove by and snapped a photo.

That photo and whimsical post about "Traffic Henge"  garnered hundreds of shares. One commenter vowed to call it Traffic Henge, "until it's complete... which means forever!"

In fact, ODOT tells 2 News the project is ahead of schedule. The five-phase project can't happen at once due to funding. However, $95 million in grant money will allow them to start three of the phases next year.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.