News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Americans Driving on the Left

Started by JayhawkCO, October 21, 2022, 10:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abefroman329

Quote from: kphoger on December 23, 2022, 02:02:41 PMit's appropriate for small vehicles to yield to large ones
Good point, I should start doing this.

kphoger

Actually, I've found that 18-wheelers tend to yield to passenger cars at four-way stops if it's close, at least around here:  they know it takes longer for them to clear the intersection, so they decide to be nice and let the car go first.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

aswnl

I've driven a number of times in the UK, and driving over there proved not that difficult t.b.h.  Especially motorways were a lot easier than expected. However on a normal crossroads you have to think about turning your car correctly to the left side of the road.

My experience was in a normal continental European car (my own), so I have no experience with driving a rental vehicle over there.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.