News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Jimmy John's vs. Jersey Mike's..... Which is better?

Started by I-39, April 13, 2015, 07:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete from Boston

Quote from: triplemultiplex on April 15, 2015, 03:38:58 PM
"Sweet Tea" is brown colored sugar water.  I can't taste any tea in it whatsoever.

It's really hard to screw up a sub sandwich to the point where it sucks.  As long as I like the actual ingredients in the sandwich and it hasn't been sitting in a refrigerator for an undetermined amount of time, it'll be fine.

I will say that I am so completely bored with Subway.  There are way, way too many of those in this country.

Subway's wheat bread tastes like it's loaded with sugar.

cjk374

Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

Halian

HalDOT, featuring my Hoennverse and Safir Alliance worldbuilding projects

dfwmapper

Quote from: Pete from Boston on April 15, 2015, 07:26:09 PM
Almost all American wheat bread is loaded with sugar.

Pete from Boston

Quote from: dfwmapper on April 16, 2015, 10:26:03 AM
Quote from: Pete from Boston on April 15, 2015, 07:26:09 PM
Almost all American wheat bread is loaded with sugar.

I tend to go for much less sweet-tasting bread than Subway's.  It's like they're saying, "We know being healthy's a chore, so now our wheat bread is cake!"

I don't know if it's that lousy bread (I think it is), but Subways actually smell bad to me.  I was walking in Manhattan one Sunday morning recently and smelled that smell, and sure enough, someone was coming out of a Subway behind me.

triplemultiplex

Quote from: Pete from Boston on April 16, 2015, 10:36:22 AM
I don't know if it's that lousy bread (I think it is), but Subways actually smell bad to me.  I was walking in Manhattan one Sunday morning recently and smelled that smell, and sure enough, someone was coming out of a Subway behind me.

I know what you mean and I think it's their shitty bacon that smells like that.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

RG407

ajlynch91

I'll give the Chicago answer and say neither are better than Mr. Submarine! Between the two, I'll take Jimmy Johns, their grainy-wheat bread is 10x better than their usual white, "French" bread.

texaskdog

Jersey Mikes Parmesan Chicken is better than the JJ Billy Club, though I really like both.  Of course, I really like Subway too so what do I know?

Halian

HalDOT, featuring my Hoennverse and Safir Alliance worldbuilding projects

formulanone

Quote from: RG407 on April 19, 2015, 09:59:46 PM
Publix

Unfortunately, not an option in 45 other states.

If they were smart about it, they could push the Pix concept into more of a Wawa/Sheetz, in those coinciding areas for which the aforementioned do not have much coverage.

Brandon

Quote from: ajlynch91 on April 19, 2015, 10:22:16 PM
I'll give the Chicago answer and say neither are better than Mr. Submarine! Between the two, I'll take Jimmy Johns, their grainy-wheat bread is 10x better than their usual white, "French" bread.

I raise you Potbelly's.  :biggrin:
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

TheHighwayMan3561

I discovered Jersey Mike's on a layover at Hartsfield-Jackson in January and instantly fell hard for them. I don't eat a lot of subs but they blew pretty much everything away that I'd previously tried.

Another regional chain I like in the Midwest is Erbert and Gerbert's. Goofy sandwich caricatures aside they make pretty good subs, and soups too.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

GCrites

Quote from: triplemultiplex on April 19, 2015, 01:22:16 PM
Quote from: Pete from Boston on April 16, 2015, 10:36:22 AM

I know what you mean and I think it's their shitty bacon that smells like that.

I actually think it might be their white American cheese.

tribar

on_wisconsin

Potbelly's, any of there hot subs, especially Meatball, are excellent. But don't expect anything resembling customer service from the employees.
"Speed does not kill, suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson

GCrites

^Yeah, it's one of those places with all the yelling.

ET21

The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.