News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Sound problem

Started by stormwatch7721, May 13, 2015, 01:09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stormwatch7721

Ok, The sound on my computer sounds scribbly. Does anyone know why?

wxfree

I don't have an answer, but a possibly similar experience.  A few years ago my computer's speakers made a faint noise, that might be described as scribbly.  Turning the volume up or down didn't affect it; it was always the same low level.  I mostly just ignored it because I could barely hear it.  I noticed that it went at a faster pace when the CPU was busier, so I figured it was some kind of electrical leakage.  I never got an actual diagnosis, and I no longer hear it.  It may be that the speakers are a few years old now so they don't respond to such a low intensity signal.

Do you have new speakers?  Does the sound correspond with computer activity?  You might have the same situation I had.  Maybe someone here knows what causes it and can tell us both.
I'd like to buy a vowel, Alex.  What is E?

stormwatch7721

I have a 19" flatscreen monitor with the speakers in the backside of it.

jakeroot

Quote from: stormwatch7721 on May 13, 2015, 01:30:15 PM
I have a 19" flatscreen monitor with the speakers in the backside of it.

How long have you had your monitor?

stormwatch7721

It's been 7 years now.

Scott5114

Check for bad connections first. If you have a spare HDMI cable, try switching them out.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

DeaconG

Also if you're running input cables from your sound card to your monitor speakers, check them too.  It may just be a loose or glitched mini-plug.
Dawnstar: "You're an ape! And you can talk!"
King Solovar: "And you're a human with wings! Reality holds surprises for everyone!"
-Crisis On Infinite Earths #2

stormwatch7721

It appears the mini plug is working fine. I tested it while I was playing my favorite song. My brother fixed the balance level on the sound
system.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.