Update on I-69 Extension in Indiana

Started by mukade, June 25, 2011, 08:55:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITB

And here's a few from the Chamber Pike work zone in Monroe County. Photos were taken Sunday, April 1, 2018, unless otherwise noted.

The overpass that will carry Chambers Pike over future I-69 in northern Monroe County, Indiana; looking north. To the right of the east abutment, where earthwork is ongoing, the path of the eastern local access road is discernable. This road curves around and intersects with Chambers Pike. Drivers who wish to access Interstate 69 from this point will take the access road about 2 1/2 miles south to the I-69 interchange at Sample Road.

Closer look at the Chambers Pike overpass; looking north. Bridge beams were put in place just days earlier during overnight hours. Note the western local access road runs under the overpass (left section) and does not intersect with Chambers Pike. Just beyond the overpass, it links into W. Burma Road, which serves as a minor arterial for this area of northern Monroe County. Interesting how the overpass slightly twists and curves to reflect the rural road it will carry.

Long range view of the Chambers Pike work zone; looking north.

Perspective of the work zone and overpass from underneath a Komatsu PC1100 excavator, one very impressive machine.

Another look at the Komatsu PC1100 excavator positioned near the Chambers Pike work zone.

And one more, another longer long range perspective of the Chambers Pike overpass and work zone.

That's all for now.

Moose

Drove the section on Friday....

They are hauling BUTT! I don't doubt major completion in a few months.

ChimpOnTheWheel

Anyone know when the actual Section 5 from I-69/SR 37 south of Bloomington to SR 39 will be complete?
Just a casual.

IndyAgent

It shows May 31st 2018 but it may be past that

silverback1065

Quote from: IndyAgent on April 09, 2018, 11:42:42 AM

that soon? i thought it was august !

GreenLanternCorps

If they can get four lanes of unimpeded traffic going from Bloomington to Martinsville with no stoplights and the local access roads open, then that would functionally count as "completed".

Completed freeways with ongoing construction of new interchanges are fairly common.

ChimpOnTheWheel

Quote from: IndyAgent on April 09, 2018, 11:42:42 AM
I-69, open May 31? I also thought it was August. I mean, I know the interchanges are opening May 31, but I'm wondering about I-69 itself.
Just a casual.

IndyAgent

ITB

Quote from: ChimpOnTheWheel on April 07, 2018, 12:45:56 PM
Anyone know when the actual Section 5 from I-69/SR 37 south of Bloomington to SR 39 will be complete?
When the State of Indiana took control over Section 5 on August 14, 2017, the "substantial completion" date was reset to August 31, 2018. This date has not changed. Substantial completion is the stage when the road and the related interchanges are fully open to traffic. There may be some work still ongoing, but it will be minor and lanes closures are unlikely, unless absolutely necessary. The substantial completion date, I believe, also is the point when SR 37 becomes I-69. Please correct me if I'm wrong here.

Quote from: IndyAgent on April 10, 2018, 05:03:56 PM
Per Wikipedia, it shows May 31st 2018

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_69_in_Indiana
That date was incorrect. I updated it to August 31, 2018.

As for the new interchanges, there are only three where construction work is ongoing: (1) Tapp Road; (2) Sample Road; and (3) Liberty Church Road in Morgan County. The interchange at Tapp is partially open. Northbound SR 37 traffic can exit at Tapp, and traffic on Tapp east of the mainline can enter SR 37 north. The deck pour for the Tapp Road overpass is scheduled for this week, and the interchange is expected to be fully open by the end of May.

The interchange at Sample Road is also partially open to traffic. Southbound SR 37 traffic can exit at Sample, and traffic on Sample west of SR 37 can enter SR 37 south. While bridge crews are working long hours, the interchange at Sample will be the last Section 5 interchange to fully open, probably in July or August. At Liberty Church Road, the overpass is completed, but because not all the ramps are not fully connected into the mainline, the interchange is not open. Construction of the northbound on-ramp is going to take a while, as work on the bridge that will carry it over Jordan Creek (as well as the mainline) only recently got underway in March. It's possible, however, the Liberty Church Road overpass will be opened in the next month or so to allow local traffic to safely cross over SR 37.

Liberty Church Road interchange; Morgan County

Looking north from the Liberty Church Road overpass toward construction to replace the mainline bridge over Jordan Creek on northbound SR 37. The bridge is being widened to accommodate the on-ramp to northbound I-69 from Liberty Church Road. A sliver of the ramp, leading up to the pile of rubble, is discernible on the right. (For a better look, expand the photo–Right Click, View Image, etc.) The bridge on the far right, also crossing Jordan Creek, will carry the new local access road. Just beyond the curve in the background, Section 5 comes to an end.

Another vantage point, again looking north from Liberty Church Road overpass. The future on-ramp to northbound I-69 is more clearly shown, as are the other four bridges that cross over Jordan Creek–eastern access road (right); western access road (far left); mainline southbound and southbound exit ramp to Liberty Church Road. Until the widened northbound mainline/ramp bridge completes, the interchange cannot be fully opened. Time wise, the bridge reconstruction and widening is probably a 120- or 150-day project, so we're looking at late June or July.

The above photos were taken April 1, 2018.

Edit: Edits for grammar and readability; added material to captions; added second picture.

ITB

For those of you who wish to follow Indiana's I-69 Corridor Project more closely, the Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) has created and maintained very useful webpages for both Section 5 (Bloomington to Martinsville) and the upcoming Section 6 (Martinsville to Indianapolis), as well as the earlier completed Sections 1—4 (Evansville to Bloomington). Perhaps the more useful and informative are the "map" pages, which depict the final configuration of the roadway and its associated interchanges, overpasses, and local access roads.

Here's an example:

Map 15 – Section 5; Liberty Chruch Road to Legendary Road

Courtesy Indiana Department of Transportation
This map depicts the future I-69 interchange at Liberty Church Road in Morgan County, Indiana. This interchange is located about three miles south of the town of Martinsville, and 17 miles north of Bloomington. The map is oriented sideways, with the compass direction "north" to the right. Note the five bridges over Jordan Creek, just north of the overpass, as well as how the eastern access (or frontage) road connects into Old SR 37. On the other side of the mainline (top), the western access road connects into Legendary Road and the housing development.

Courtesy Indiana Department of Transportation
Here's the map oriented geographically, with "north" top, etc. About a mile west (left) of the mainline is one of Indiana's principal rivers, the White River. All that farmland pictured west of the roadway is floor plain. When the access road and ramps were constructed, the ground was built up to some extent with this in mind. If any development is to occur near this interchange (and, eventually, it will), it will be located east of the mainline.

Here's the link to INDOT's I-69 webpages:

http://www.in.gov/indot/projects/i69/2528.htm

Also of interest on the INDOT webpages are the Construction and Traffic Updates for Section 5, which provide from time to time, detailed information on lane closures, etc. This information is usually posted, but not always, on the Section 5 Facebook page, which I will link here for convenience.

https://www.facebook.com/I69Section5INDOT/

As for the upcoming Section 6 project, with construction expected to commence less than two years from now, INDOT is currently publishing and uploading a newsletter–"The Scoop on I-69 Section 6". Here's the link to the 3rd Quarter 2017 issue:

http://www.in.gov/indot/projects/i69/files/I-69%20Section%206%20Quarterly%20Newsletter%20V2I3.pdf

ITB

To keep everyone abreast of what's going on with Section 5, here's a brief construction update. The information that follows was released by INDOT April 18, 2018, and was then published in the Herald-Times, south-central Indiana's main newspaper. Sometimes these updates are published on INDOT's I-69 webpage or on its I-69 Facebook page, but sometimes not.

Construction Update

- Access from State Road 37 to Old State Road 37 north of the Liberty Church Road in Morgan County was permanently closed last week for construction of the new frontage road.

Old State Road 37 crossing, north of Liberty Church Road

Courtesy Google Maps.
Looking northeast toward the SR 37/Old State Road 37 crossing–now closed–about 1/2 mile north of Liberty Church Road in Morgan County. The new eastern local access (or frontage) road will connect into Old State Road 37 here, just east of the mainline. For the time being, drivers who wish to access SR 37 can take Old SR 37 to Burton Lane, which will get them to SR 37 in Martinsville.

Other points:

- Wylie Road east of SR 37 can no longer be accessed from SR 37 as of last week. The access point was closed off for the continuing construction of eastern local access road that will link into the future Sample Road interchange. As the frontage road completes, Wylie Road will be connected to it via a T intersection.

- The intersection at Acuff and Prow road in Monroe County in now reopen. Work was undertaken there to upgrade the intersection. Previously, Acuff Road could be accessed from SR 37, but that point was permanently sealed off.

- Work continues on the overpass that will carry Chambers Pike over I-69 in northern Monroe County. Last week there were periodic 20-minute closures of SR 37 during overnight hours for bridge work.

- Near Tapp Road, bridge work and paving operations have been underway. Crews have been paving the inner lanes in this area, which when complete traffic will be shifted onto so work and paving can proceed on the outside shoulders and southbound ramps to/from the future Tapp Road interchange.

- Upgrade work continues on the Second Street/SR 45 and Third Street/SR 48 bridges in Bloomington. At the SR 48 interchange, construction of new signal and light pole foundations is underway, as well as work to widen ramps and improve drainage.

- Between the Third Street/SR 48 bridge and the Vernal Pike overpass drainage work on the outside shoulders continues.

- Median drainage work between Arlington Road and Kinser Pike, just north of Bloomington proper, also continues.

- There have been and are daily single lane closures on SR 37 for bridge work at Sample Road.

- Milling and paving operations on the southbound lanes of SR 37 between Stone Belt Drive and the N. Walnut Street partial interchange has been ongoing.

- In northern Monroe County, between Fox Hollow Road and Chambers Pike, construction to improve outside shoulders and drainage continues; the right lane is closed, and the normal two northbound lanes are funneled down to one.

Work is underway all up and down the 23-miles of Section 5, proceeding at a brisk pace. The construction listed above mainly deals with areas affecting traffic. Other significant work is ongoing as well, particularly on the frontage roads. Both the bridge decks at Tapp Road and Sample Road have been poured. In an earlier post, I stated the Sample Road interchange would fully complete and open in July or early August. That may still be the case, but to my untrained eye, it could very well be sooner.

To deviate slightly from Interstate 69 construction, here's a tidbit from the past:

Old State Road 37/Dixie Highway bridge over Indian Creek

This is the still extant truss bridge that carried Old State Road 37 (aka Dixie Highway) over Indian Creek in Morgan County, Indiana. If you closely examine the StreetView photo above (or better yet, use Google Maps), the treeline east of SR 37 (but barely visible beneath the ridge line) indicates the course of Indian Creek. The bridge is located just beyond the clump of trees adjacent to the northbound lanes, about five hundred feet east of SR 37. Indian Creek and the mainline SR 37 bridges that cross it also are the dividing line between Section 5 and Section 6; Section 5 ends just prior to the bridges.

More pictures to come.

Edit: Minor edits for grammar and readability; enlarged photo.

ITB

Although it was overcast, I ventured out with the camera for a look-see. Photos were taken Sunday, April 22, 2018, unless otherwise noted.

State Road 37 in Monroe County, Indiana, north of Bloomington

Looking south toward State Road 37 (future Interstate 69) from a vantage point about a 1/2 south of future I-69/Sample Road interchange. In the background are the overpasses that carry, respectfully, N. Walnut Street/College Ave. (nearest) and Kinser Pike. Also visible are the trio of mainline bridges that cross Griffy Creek (most distant), Beanblossom Creek, and Beanblossom Overflow (nearest). Crews have been working on the outer roadway and shoulders in and around the bridges, placing new base material and grading, with paving operations soon to follow. The N. Walnut Street/College Avenue southbound exit ramp, which had been closed for ramp work, was recently reopened.

Eastern Local Access Road Construction, south of Sample Road

The state of construction to extend the eastern local access (or frontage) road south of the future Sample Road interchange; looking south. Work is underway to construct a large and deep MSE (Mechanically Stabilized Earth) retaining wall.

Here's the same area as above just six weeks ago. Photo was taken March 4, 2018.

Another perspective of the work underway to construct the eastern frontage road south of Sample Road, giving some idea how long the retaining wall is; looking north. The structure pictured is a water booster pump station. Before construction could commence on the frontage road, rather extensive utility relocation work has to be undertaken in this vicinity.

Still another view, looking south, of the retaining wall; and, yes, it is truly impressive, perhaps as much as 20 feet in height.

Stringers, which are used to construct the retaining wall. With each new layer of compacted gravel, the stringers tighten, pulling the MSE panels inward.

Long range view of the frontage work zone south of Sample Road; looking north. The sign for the CircleK/Mobil station near Sample Road is visible in the background left.

Another view looking south toward SR 37. In the deep background is the Kinser Pike overpass. Kinser Pike can be seen on the right, curving down the hill where it it crosses Beanblossom Creek and connects to Bottom Road. While not visible, Griffy Creek and Beanblossom Creek merge just south and west of the N. Walnut Street overpass. From then on, Beanblossom Creek flows northwest, twisting and turning, before emptying into the West Fork of the White River near Gosport, Indiana.

And one more of the retaining wall; looking north. Ensuring the fiber optic cable remains undisturbed will undoubtedly keep nearby residents happy.

More to come.

seicer

Are all MSE walls filled with gravel?

ITB

Quote from: seicer on April 24, 2018, 09:18:40 PM
That's a good question. While I don't know the answer, I have noticed in Section 5 the MSE wing walls of overpasses, as well as the above retaining wall, have been backfilled with stone aggregate. There is probably other material that could be used, and is being used, in the U.S., but what minimum standards are applicable–density, compactness, etc.–I am not knowledgeable.

ITB

Once again, to the pictures. The photos of the Sample Road work zone were taken Sunday, April 22, 2018, while those at Tapp Road were taken April 21, 2018.

Sample Road overpass and interchange, Monroe County

Looking north toward State Road 37 and construction of the Sample Road overpass and interchange in Monroe County, Indiana. With traffic backed up in the northbound lanes, it appears an incident of some sort has happened. It's also possible this is typical as about one mile north, the two northbound lanes are merged to one due to shoulder and drainage work between Fox Hollow Road and Chambers Pike.

Closer look at the Sample Road overpass and signage; looking north. In the background a vehicle is accessing SR 37 southbound via the temporary Sample Road crossing point. These temp entrances and exits to SR 37 have proved workable, but drivers must be alert and have patience, as the access points have been the locations of accidents time and again.

Tapp Road overpass and interchange

The overpass that will carry Tapp Road over future Interstate 69 in Bloomington, Monroe County, Indiana; looking east. Last week the deck received its concrete pour; it was then covered with plastic sheeting to ensure proper curing. Often during warm weather, a drip hose is used to slow the curing process, but I'm not sure that step was employed here. Since it's been about a week, the tarps and sheeting will be removed soon. Crews will now frame up the parapet rebar, followed by concrete pours. After that completes, work will shift to the approach slabs.

Edit: On further examination of the photo, it's the sidewalks of the bridge that have recently had their concrete pours, and are now covered with tarps. That means the main deck pour likely happened the week before last. It appears wet burlap was put down and then covered with plastic sheeting to ensure proper curing. 

Looking north toward SR 37 from near the Tapp Road overpass. On the left is the sloping path of the southbound exit ramp. Also, take note that the inner areas of the mainline have received additional pavement. Traffic will soon be shifted inward so work can commence on the outer lanes and shoulder, as well as the ramp connection areas.

The view looking south from the Tapp Road overpass. The southbound entrance ramp appears to be on the verge of being paved.

A slightly closer perspective looking south from Tapp. Note the recently finished section of median barrier wall, the entirety of which is now fully complete, from the I-69/SR 37 interchange up to the Arlington Road overpass, a distance of about six miles. Around the bend in the background (but not visible) is the overpass of the Fullerton Road interchange.

Another look south from the Tapp Road work zone. The third and final sound wall component (pictured) of Section 5, running between Fullerton Road and Tapp Road, is nearing completion.

Another view of the Tapp Road overpass; looking east.

And one final one, a long range view of the Sample Road work zone with the new local access road in the foreground; looking north.

Edit: Minor edits for readability.

csw

Quote from: ITB on April 24, 2018, 09:39:05 PM
That's a good question. While I don't know the answer, I have noticed in Section 5 the MSE wing walls of overpasses, as well as the above retaining wall, have been backfilled with stone aggregate. There is probably other material that could be used, and is being used, in the U.S., but what minimum standards are applicable–density, compactness, etc.–I am not knowledgeable.
I can answer this! All MSE walls are backfilled with granular material (i.e. gravel or sand) for drainage purposes. Source: just learned this in my geotech class 3 weeks ago

silverback1065

Quote from: csw on April 24, 2018, 11:28:18 PM
I can answer this! All MSE walls are backfilled with granular material (i.e. gravel or sand) for drainage purposes. Source: just learned this in my geotech class 3 weeks ago

is your professor philipe bordeau (i had him when i was at purdue) or antonio bobet? 

also check out the indot spec book on this, it has all the proper procedures, you are correct in what materials are needed.

csw

Quote from: silverback1065 on April 25, 2018, 10:15:11 AM

is your professor philipe bordeau (i had him when i was at purdue) or antonio bobet? 

also check out the indot spec book on this, it has all the proper procedures, you are correct in what materials are needed.
I haev Bobet, Bourdeau retired last year.

silverback1065

Quote from: csw on April 25, 2018, 10:21:50 AM
Quote from: silverback1065 on April 25, 2018, 10:15:11 AM

I haev Bobet, Bourdeau retired last year.

cool, i had him for dynamics, hardest class i ever took!

ITB

Here's a few more photos. As the pictures attest, Section 5 appears to be rapidly approaching a conclusion. It's now only 123 days away until the project's substantial completion deadline of August 31, 2018. INDOT and its contractors probably will need 90 to 100 full working days to reach that goal. Considering how much work has been accomplished during the previous six months, there's little doubt in my mind they'll do it. If May or June turn out to be wet, they'll still get it done one way or another–weekend work, night work, or simply kicking it into overdrive.

To the pictures. Photos were taken Sunday, April 29, 2018,  unless otherwise stated.

Looking north toward State Road 37 (soon to be Interstate 69) from the Kinser Pike overpass in Monroe County, Indiana. This is same stretch of roadway pictured in a previous photo, but from the opposite direction. The photo is best viewed expanded (Right Click—View Photo, or whatever your browser requires). In the right background, the stretch of brown earth is the path of the eastern local access (or frontage) road. The yellow excavator indicates the area where the MSE retaining wall (pictured in a earlier post) is under construction. From that point, the frontage road drifts away from the mainline to go behind the Mobil/Circle K Mart; a bit further on, it connects with a roundabout at Sample Road.

The view looking north toward SR 37 from the overpass that will carry Sample Road over the mainline. In the background right are the old northbound lanes of SR 37, now utilized as a two-way frontage road. The northbound on-ramp from Sample Road will be located about where the heavy equipment is located.

Another perspective looking north from the Sample Road overpass. Traffic is backed up due to a lane merge up ahead. The crossing is the temporary access point to and from Sample Road. Need gas? Exit here. If heading north, the next opportunity to fill up will be in Martinsville, about 12 miles north; or if motoring south, about 6 miles down the road to Bloomington, and 3/4 mile east of the SR 46/SR 37 interchange.

Looking south toward the mainline from the Sample Road overpass. On the right and left are the new local access roads, both of which will link into the Sample Road interchange.

The approach to the Sample Road overpass; looking east. The deck and approach slabs recently had their concrete pours; next step, framing up the parapet walls, with the concrete pours to follow soon after.

The southbound exit and entrance ramps at Sample Road, and signage; looking slightly northeast.

ITB

Continuing from the above post, here's a few more pictures. No use letting them sit in my Flickr account, growing stale. Photos were taken Sunday, April 29, 2018, unless otherwise noted.

Looking northeast toward State Road 37 and the mainline bridges over Griffy Creek (foreground) and Beanblossom Creek (background) in Monroe County, Indiana. These bridges were rebuilt and widened to accommodate the expanded roadway of Interstate 69, which will be three lanes in each direction at this location.

State Road 37 and the overpass that carries N. Walnut St./College Ave.; looking north. While I don't know exactly when this overpass was constructed, I tend to think it was in the early 1970s. A few years ago, it was rehabbed. As part of Section 5 approval process, instead of being required to build a full interchange, INDOT and the State of Indiana received FHWA permission to retain the overpass and the partial N. Walnut St. interchange. As it is, southbound SR 37 traffic can exit via the ramp and overpass to N. Walnut St., which heads into Bloomington proper. Conversely, northbound N. Walnut St. traffic can only enter SR 37 northbound; the overpass itself only carries exiting southbound traffic.

Another view of the mainline and the N. Walnut St./College Ave. overpass; looking north. In the background, a vehicle is exiting onto the N. Walnut St. ramp. The black stripe of fresh pavement likely indicates where drainage tubing was installed.

Long range view looking north from the Kinser Pike overpass. It's almost exactly three miles between the overpass and the crest of the hill in the background.

Closer look toward SR 37 and the trio of mainline bridges that cross, respectfully, Griffy Creek (nearest), Beanblossom Creek, and Beanblossom Overflow; looking north from the Kinser Pike overpass.

With this recent batch of pictures, as well as those posted previously, almost the entirety of Section 5 has been covered. In the coming weeks and months, I'll poke around to find new perspectives to photograph and to share with the forum.

Edit: Swapped out the "long range view" photo for one that is similar but, perhaps, a little better.

SSR_317

Quote from: ITB on April 30, 2018, 07:30:12 PM

State Road 37 and the overpass that carries N. Walnut St./College Ave.; looking north. While I don't know exactly when this overpass was constructed, I tend to think it was in the early 1970s. A few years ago, it was rehabbed. As part of Section 5 approval process, instead of being required to build a full interchange, INDOT and the State of Indiana received FHWA permission to retain the overpass and the partial N. Walnut St. interchange. As it is, southbound SR 37 traffic can exit via the ramp and overpass to N. Walnut St., which heads into Bloomington proper. Conversely, northbound N. Walnut St. traffic can only enter SR 37 northbound; the overpass itself only carries exiting southbound traffic.
This grade separation was built in 1972, according to the 2006 INDOT Bridge Log. It is listed as SB Walnut St, no mention of College Ave whatsoever, so I have no idea why the signage has always included that distant street. All the existing bridges and grade separations between Arlington Rd and the Beanblossom Creek Overflow (except the new one for Kinser Pike) were built that same year, save for the NB structure over that latter stream, which dates back to 1946 (rehabbed in 1995), according to that log.

BTW, thanks for all your excellent photos and accompanying text that have documented this project so nicely!

SSR_317

Does anyone know if names have been assigned to the frontage and local access roads of Section 5? Some incorporate/replace pre-existing roads, so I'm wondering if those names will be used and for what stretches of pavement. To be unambiguous, I will list them below, in sections that may or may not be given the same name:

#1 - Frontage Rd East [Conneaught to Sample]:
section #1a: from Conneaught Rd, past Ellis Rd, past Showers Rd (realigned), past Wylie Rd, to Purcell Rd
section #1b: along pre-existing Purcell Rd
section #1c: from Purcell Rd, then curving right, to pre-existing Wayport Rd (near former S jct w/SR 37)
section #1d: along pre-existing Wayport Rd
section #1e: from Wayport Rd (south of gas station near former N jct w/SR 37) to Sample Rd (East roundabout)

#2 - Frontage Rd West [Charlie Taylor to Sample]:
section #2a: from Charlie Taylor Rd (at Thompson's Furniture), past Griffith Cemetery Rd, past Wylie Rd, to Stone Belt Dr
section #2b: along (or replacing) pre-existing Stone Belt Dr
section #2c: from Stone Belt Dr past Wayport Rd (S jct), past Wayport Rd (N Jct), to Sample Rd (West roundabout)

#3 - Frontage Rd East [Sample to Chambers]:
section #3a: from Sample Rd (East roundabout) to junction old NB lanes of SR 37
section #3b: on old NB lanes of SR 37, past Bloomington Auto Parts, Worm's Way Garden Center, to Winery Rd (TO Duxbury Dr & Thames Dr)
section #3c: on old NB lanes of SR 37, from Winery Rd to Fox Hollow Rd
section #3d: from old NB lanes of SR 37 at Fox Hollow Rd, past former Poynter Sheet Metal, past unnamed road at Crossover Rd (S Jct), to Chambers Pike

#4 - Frontage Rd West [Simpson Chapel to Burma]:
section #4a: along (or replacing) Lee Paul Rd from Simpson Chapel Rd to point where Lee Paul Rd leaves the alignment (S jct)
section #4b: from S jct Lee Paul Rd, past N jct Lee Paul Rd, to Crossover Rd (former S jct near Norm Anderson Rd)
section #4c: from Crossover Rd (former S jct), under Crossover Rd/Chambers Pk grade separation, to S end of Mann Rd
section #4d: along (or replacing) Mann Rd to Sylvan Ln
section #4e: from Sylvan Ln, past Sparks Ln, to Burma Rd

#5 - Access Rd: between Sparks Ln (E of I-69/SR 37) & Chambers Pk
■ I assume this one will be named Sparks Ln, but I could be wrong.

#6 - Access Rd: from Local Service Rd #7 to Old SR 37 South

#7 - Local Service Rd: from residential driveway (~4880S), past Access Rd #6, to residential driveway (~4750S)

#8 - Frontage Rd West [Turkey Track - Liberty Church]:
section #8a: from Turkey Track Rd (~4200S) to pre-existing 1972-era "access road #17" (~4170S)
section #8b: along (or replacing) 1972-era "access road #17"
section #8c: from 1972-era "access road #17" (~3960S), across Little Indian Creek, to Godsey Rd
section #8d: from Godsey Rd to Liberty Church Rd (new alignment)
■ Might be named as a northern extension of Turkey Track Rd, but section #8d could be named Godsey Rd (to maintain connectivity/name continuity with Liberty Church Rd since the two formerly met at their common SR 37 intersection).

#9 - Frontage Rd East: from Old SR 37 South (~4200S) to Old State Road 37 South (~3960S)
■ I assume this one will be named Old SR 37 South, even though it is new, unless the existing roads it reconnects are given a new name.

#10 - Frontage Rd East: from Old SR 37 South (a/k/a Hacker Creek Rd) to Liberty Church Rd (new alignment)
■ I assume this one will also be named Old SR 37 South, even though it is new.

#11 - Frontage Rd West: from Liberty Church Rd (new alignment), over Jordan Creek, past unnamed road, to Legendary Dr

#12 - Frontage Rd East [Liberty Church to Old SR 37 South (2700S)]:
section #12a: from Liberty Church Rd (new alignment) to pre-existing Old SR 37 South (a/k/a Hacker Creek Rd)
section #12b: along/replacing Old SR 37 South (a/k/a Hacker Creek Rd) to Jordan Creek
section #12c: over new Jordan Creek bridge, past Maxwell-Arnold Farm access road, around Maxwell Cemetery, to Old SR 37 South (2700S)
■ A street sign visible in one of the photos in this thread shows that the pre-existing road is named "Old SR 37 S" and not "Hacker Creek Rd" as is depicted by Google Maps.

As long as they don't name any of these roads & streets after politicians, dead or alive, I can probably live with whatever they choose, as long as it makes more sense than some of the former crossroads that wander all over the place on both sides of the old highway.

Also, does anyone know if the soon to be completed NB ramps will connect to Sample Rd at a 3rd roundabout, or will that connection be a standard intersection?

TIA for any information you may be able to provide!

SSR_317

Oh, I forgot the northernmost one...
#13 - Access Road [unnamed road to Old SR 37]

From what I can see, some of the above frontage roads are/will NOT be concurrent with, but in between the freeway and the existing parallel street/road (e.g., Stone Belt Dr). I wonder if they're just gonna leave them unnamed and continue to address homes/businesses off of State Road 37?

Also, does Turkey Track Road REALLY cross SR 37 and head back south along Old SR 37, as some of the online mapping services show? This seems to be VERY confusing, especially for addressing purposes.

ITB

Quote from: SSR_317 on April 30, 2018, 11:15:29 PM
Does anyone know if names have been assigned to the frontage and local access roads of Section 5? Some incorporate/replace pre-existing roads, so I'm wondering if those names will be used and for what stretches of pavement. To be unambiguous, I will list them below, in sections that may or may not be given the same name:

#1 - Frontage Rd East [Conneaught to Sample]:
section #1a: from Conneaught Rd, past Ellis Rd, past Showers Rd (realigned), past Wylie Rd, to Purcell Rd
section #1b: along pre-existing Purcell Rd
section #1c: from Purcell Rd, then curving right, to pre-existing Wayport Rd (near former S jct w/SR 37)
section #1d: along pre-existing Wayport Rd
section #1e: from Wayport Rd (south of gas station near former N jct w/SR 37) to Sample Rd (East roundabout)

Earlier today I spoke with the Monroe County Public Work Department, and here's what I learned.

#1 - Frontage Rd East [Conneaught Rd to Sample] – from Conneaught Rd north, all the way to the tie in at Chambers Pike, will be signed N. Wayport Road
#2 - Frontage Rd West [Charlie Taylor to Sample] – N. Thompson Ridge Road
#3 - Frontage Rd East [Sample to Chambers] – will be, as mentioned above, N. Wayport Road
#4 - Frontage Rd West [Simpson Chapel to Burma] – W. Burma Road
#5 - Access Rd: between Sparks Ln (E of I-69/SR 37) & Chambers Pk – E. Sparks Lane

It looks like (from the map that was emailed to me) that N. Crossover Road will be re-signed E. Chambers Pike., with termination at the intersection with W. Burma Road. The driveway to Oliver Winery, off of N. Wayport Rd., will be designated E. Winery Road.

As the other frontage roads are located in Morgan County, I have no further info about those at this time.

Quote from: SSR_317 on April 30, 2018, 11:15:29 PMAlso, does anyone know if the soon to be completed NB ramps will connect to Sample Rd at a 3rd roundabout, or will that connection be a standard intersection?

It will be a roundabout. Here's the design layout of the interchange:

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.