Regional Boards > Southeast

I-24 in TN

(1/7) > >>

CoolAngrybirdsrio4:
I-24 upgrades from Nashville to the Kentucky state line is up there for some of the most wanted projects:
https://clarksvillenow.com/local/interstate-24-widening-from-kentucky-state-line-to-nashville-tops-wish-list-from-local-leaders/

This is after they started expanding I-65 to 3 lanes up to the KY state line (TN 109 exit actually) from Nashville, to link the already 6 lane portion in Kentucky.

ilpt4u:
I don’t head down to Nashville all that often from Southern IL, but when I do, I-24 is a slog in TN approaching Nashville from the northwest. I don’t know what the traffic counts are, but by gut feeling, 6 laning is justified

KTC will have to get on board not too long after, and push 6-laning up to at least Hopkinsville/the Pennyrile Pkwy/I-169?

SkyPesos:
Should’ve upgraded Nashville-Chattanooga before Nashville-KY. Pretty sure the only long-distance traffic on I-24 northwest of Nashville are St Louis bound (and points beyond StL) traffic. Everyone else turns from I-24 WB to I-65 NB at Nashville.

ilpt4u:

--- Quote from: SkyPesos on January 16, 2022, 11:58:42 AM ---Should’ve upgraded Nashville-Chattanooga before Nashville-KY. Pretty sure the only long-distance traffic on I-24 northwest of Nashville are St Louis bound (and points beyond StL) traffic. Everyone else turns from I-24 WB to I-65 NB at Nashville.

--- End quote ---
Some Chicagoland and Wisconsin traffic (passenger and commercial) prefers the I-24/I-57 routing over the I-65 routing. It is a little longer, but it avoids Louisville and Indianapolis.

Another option that uses I-24 NW out of Nashville is the US 41 routing up to Chicagoland, also, which breaks off at the Pennyrile Pkwy. Shorter, but US 41 isn’t a full freeway in Henderson and Indiana

Flint1979:

--- Quote from: ilpt4u on January 16, 2022, 12:10:54 PM ---
--- Quote from: SkyPesos on January 16, 2022, 11:58:42 AM ---Should’ve upgraded Nashville-Chattanooga before Nashville-KY. Pretty sure the only long-distance traffic on I-24 northwest of Nashville are St Louis bound (and points beyond StL) traffic. Everyone else turns from I-24 WB to I-65 NB at Nashville.

--- End quote ---
Some Chicagoland and Wisconsin traffic (passenger and commercial) prefers the I-24/I-57 routing over the I-65 routing. It is a little longer, but it avoids Louisville and Indianapolis.

Another option that uses I-24 NW out of Nashville is the US 41 routing up to Chicagoland, also, which breaks off at the Pennyrile Pkwy. Shorter, but US 41 isn’t a full freeway in Henderson and Indiana

--- End quote ---
Well it says it takes the same amount of time to take I-24 to US-41 to IN-63 back to US-41 than it does to take I-57 to I-24 coming from Chicago to Nashville. Both are about 22 minutes longer than taking I-65. But taking I-24 to US-41 to IN-63 and back to US-41 cuts off about 70 miles vs. taking I-57 to I-24 for the same amount of time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version