News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Quote from: paulthemapguy on Today at 11:14:42 AM
Quote from: 74/171FAN on Today at 11:08:57 AM
Quote from: paulthemapguy on Today at 10:53:27 AMI have a map for all of you! I have compiled all of the roadmeet history in this thread, and I have mapped a graphical representation of it.  Perhaps we might want to fill in some of the larger gaps between past roadmeet locations as shown on the map?

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1xTkSl778CivVg8TUIN4Nxvdo8iIVUaA&usp=sharing

The Raleigh 2022 sticker should be moved into the area of the RDU Airport in my opinion.  The place it is now (by Clayton) was not even covered by that meet.

I see a similar issue with SE Chicagoland 2022.  That should be along I-90 near IN 912 IMO.

I knew that people would comment on the nuances of where I put the pins as soon as I posted this map.  Zoom out to a broader scale, as this map was intended for viewing at a broader scale. The Raleigh meet pin is going in Raleigh. :D I had to navigate around the other THREE PINS for the same city, give me some leniency!  :D

With that said, if you have recollections of previous meets that are missing from my list, I will be happy to add in any missing listings.

Yeah, I knew I would do that.  Long Island 2023, for instance, is probably close enough, though I would move it to the NY 25/NY 110 intersection.

The main big one I have an issue with is Missing Moves because that meet was by I-76, I-295, NJ 42, and NJ 55, and was not in PA at all (unless someone crossed the Walt Whitman Bridge during it by accident).
Quote from: 74/171FAN on Today at 11:08:57 AM
Quote from: paulthemapguy on Today at 10:53:27 AMI have a map for all of you! I have compiled all of the roadmeet history in this thread, and I have mapped a graphical representation of it.  Perhaps we might want to fill in some of the larger gaps between past roadmeet locations as shown on the map?

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1xTkSl778CivVg8TUIN4Nxvdo8iIVUaA&usp=sharing

The Raleigh 2022 sticker should be moved into the area of the RDU Airport in my opinion.  The place it is now (by Clayton) was not even covered by that meet.

I see a similar issue with SE Chicagoland 2022.  That should be along I-90 near IN 912 IMO.

I knew that people would comment on the nuances of where I put the pins as soon as I posted this map.  Zoom out to a broader scale, as this map was intended for viewing at a broader scale. The Raleigh meet pin is going in Raleigh. :D I had to navigate around the other THREE PINS for the same city, give me some leniency!  :D

With that said, if you have recollections of previous meets that are missing from my list, I will be happy to add in any missing listings.

I would move Morris County, NJ, 2020 to the Dover area by I-80.
Wow.  We don't like crossing the Mississippi.

A little surprising there hasn't been one in Phoenix.
General Highway Talk / Re: Exits that could be/should...
Last post by Rothman - Today at 11:04:11 AM
You sure those aren't for ranch or other private property access?
General Highway Talk / Re: Exits that could be/should...
Last post by flan - Today at 10:56:12 AM
There are plenty on I-94 in North Dakota.

Exit 322 on I-94 in North Dakota looks pretty pointless. There are exits 2 miles to the east and west that both serve minor unincorporated communities on county highways, but Exit 322 doesn't serve anything. The sign says the exit is for Absaraka, another very minor unincorporated community. But the road doesn't even connect Absaraka with I-94—unless a two-track grass path between two fields counts as a connection. Anyone going to Absaraka would likely use Exit 324 to the east as that's a paved county road.

Exit 310 is another seemingly useless exit. Exit 310 serves no county highways or towns, the sign just says 'No Services'. It's 2.5 miles east of the exit for Tower City and 4.5 miles west of the exit for Buffalo, neither of which are large enough towns to warrant a second exit. This could just be an overpass.

There's a pair of 'No Services' exits east of Valley City where one could easily be removed: 296 and 298. I vote Exit 296; it's pretty close to the Valley City exits whereas Exit 298 is equidistant from Valley City and the Oriska exit to the east.

Exit 281 connects the small town of Sanborn with the Interstate with a 2 mile long paved road, but it's 1.5 miles west of the exit for ND 1 northbound, which gets even closer to Sanborn. Just a bit redundant.

Exit 245 is yet another 'No Services' gravel road exit 2.5 miles east of the exit for Windsor, a small unincorporated community. Could be an overpass.

There are tons of other 'No Services' exits for small gravel roads, but they're spaced out just enough where their existence is justified IMO. Sure, it's nice to have a nearby Interstate exit if you live in the middle of the countryside, but I feel like these would mostly all be overpasses in Minnesota.
Off-Topic / Re: Laptop vs Desktop vs Small...
Last post by cwf1701 - Today at 10:55:44 AM
Quote from: kkt on March 27, 2024, 01:54:36 PMMy first computer had 48 kb.  Yes, kilobytes, not megabytes...

Me, mine was an Atari 800, with a cassette drive. That's right a tape drive to store my programs. Imagine typing cload 3 times to get to the program you want.
I have a map for all of you! I have compiled all of the roadmeet history in this thread, and I have mapped a graphical representation of it.  Perhaps we might want to fill in some of the larger gaps between past roadmeet locations as shown on the map?

Off-Topic / Re: Frustrated visitors sue Na...
Last post by Rothman - Today at 10:50:27 AM
Brings to mind wheresgeorge.com, which is apparently still around and quite active.
Off-Topic / Re: AARoads Wordle
Last post by jlam - Today at 10:48:09 AM
:-|  :no:  :no:  :no:  :-|  (RIDGE)
:no:  :no:  :no:  :-|  :-|  (SUPER)
_ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _

4 GUESSES REMAINING

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.