Regional Boards > Northeast

I-95/Penna Turnpike Interchange

<< < (580/580)

PHLBOS:

--- Quote from: jeffandnicole on July 21, 2021, 11:14:09 PM ---Remember: The NJ Turnpike shield is THE route "number" for about half the Turnpike. The PA Turnpike mainline has regular Interstate route numbers across its entire length.

The NJ Turnpike is also a much more recognized highway shield than most other toll road shields.
Most people probably aren't familiar with the Penna Turnpike keystone shield. If we were to look at Delaware, they have all but retired the Delaware Turnpike shield and just solely use the I-95 shield.

--- End quote ---
While true, it's worth noting that both the NJTP & PATP shields long predate the Interstate shield & related route numbers.  Additionally, the PA Turnpike is at least a decade older than the NJ Turnpike.

famartin:

--- Quote from: jeffandnicole on July 21, 2021, 11:14:09 PM ---Considering it advertising may be a little far fetched, being that the NJ Turnpike lists "Penn Turnpike" as a control city on their signage.

Remember: The NJ Turnpike shield is THE route "number" for about half the Turnpike. The PA Turnpike mainline has regular Interstate route numbers across its entire length.

The NJ Turnpike is also a much more recognized highway shield than most other toll road shields.
Most people probably aren't familiar with the Penna Turnpike keystone shield. If we were to look at Delaware, they have all but retired the Delaware Turnpike shield and just solely use the I-95 shield.

--- End quote ---

Weíve debated this before Iím sure, but if you arenít from the area, neither is familiar. You canít read either easily from a BGS at highway speed. However, Pennsylvanians are very familiar with the PT blazer, just as New Jerseyans are familiar with the NJT one. The only difference is that one carries a lot more traffic.

Doesnít matter if you are from out of the areaÖ all youíll recognize in that case is the interstate shield, or the written words.

Alps:

--- Quote from: famartin on July 21, 2021, 11:33:57 PM ---
--- Quote from: jeffandnicole on July 21, 2021, 11:14:09 PM ---Considering it advertising may be a little far fetched, being that the NJ Turnpike lists "Penn Turnpike" as a control city on their signage.

Remember: The NJ Turnpike shield is THE route "number" for about half the Turnpike. The PA Turnpike mainline has regular Interstate route numbers across its entire length.

--- End quote ---

Weíve debated this before Iím sure, but if you arenít from the area, neither is familiar. You canít read either easily from a BGS at highway speed. However, Pennsylvanians are very familiar with the PT blazer, just as New Jerseyans are familiar with the NJT one. The only difference is that one carries a lot more traffic.

Doesnít matter if you are from out of the areaÖ all youíll recognize in that case is the interstate shield, or the written words.

--- End quote ---
The issue of agency shields has never even come up in my presence, so don't go creating too many conspiracy theories about what they want or don't want to do...

roadman65:
I have some before  https://www.flickr.com/photos/54480415@N08/23655597209/in/album-72157660132702828/  and after https://goo.gl/maps/oEcep9pwieBiM17bA  pics of I-295 at US 1 near Oxford Valley, PA from when signage changed after the connection opened.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version